1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How much per trap field?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stevea, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevea

stevea TS Member

I was tired of reading old threads. so i was thinking. How much does it cost to build a trap field. im thinking somewhere around $20,000 material and labor. with a pat trap. what do you think?
    steve

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I think that's a little on the high side. Pat trap is around 7K, and I think those precast houses from Oshkosh run around 3K or so. That leaves you 10 thousand to dig a hole and run some wire.

HM

3. WTW

WTW Member

I just put in a new field and trap house for $3500.00 and some odd dollars. A new PAT trap is probably close to seven thousand now. This was the cose of material only. All my labor was a donation. Ted

PS by field I mean walkways.

4. stevea

stevea TS Member

ok ill give you that i might be a little high but at $75 dollars an hour to dig the hole, cost of wire and conduit and an electrician to install plus all the concrete work and lights.

5. joshif

joshif TS Member

If you run into rock when you dig anything it will jack up the price.How about water drainage? Did anybody consider that? Best call a pro that sells and installs traps. They will get a good # for you.They will have contractor,electrician, what ever needed ready to "dig in" excuse the pun and know what the heck is going on.Done once and forgetaboutit!

6. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

The cost of the traps, concrete, wiring, house, shrivels to insignificance if you have to move dirt. You won't believe what it costs to shove a bunch of dirt around, and the hillier your land is, the greter the cost. It is almost a geometric progression of the cost. If you are in North Carolina, may a greater deity up above help you, you will need it. If anyone disturbs more than one acre of land in North Carolina, they must go through a Dept of Natural Resources hoops drill that you won't believe. We just had to pay $3,500 just for an engineering study to please the DNR They will inspect the job every month for the next three years and we must inspect the job ourselves every week and post the results. However, if it rains more than .5", we have to go down there within the next 24 hours and inspect the site. Not only do the water people inspect the site, the soil people also inspect the site regularly. all becaus we have a 12" wide drainage ditch that only has water in it when it rains.

7. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

The answers look to be from people who have deep pockets. People who heir people to do things for them.

What is the cost brake down when you are the one digging the holes, building the house, putting down the pads. what is the cost only on the material?
    Not adding the trap machine. That could cost you any where from 2000 to 8000 I know.

8. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Besides, anybody who couldn't run that little bit of wiring for one trap themselves doesn't have much common sense.

9. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

These are rough numbers based on a recent East Coast estimate, subbing out the work:

Trap - $8000; Precast House w/excavation - $3500; Concrete sidewalks & forms - $4000; Voice pulling system with spare microphone - $2000; Misc (door for house, wiring, puller's chair, light, fan, elec heater to make Pats work in cold weather,) $1000

Yep, your instincts were close at about $20K, maybe a little less if you can save on some of the labor.

10. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

I agree with bridgetoofar. Everyone else is forgetting all the details. My trap took 13yrd of concrete for the walks alone.

11. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

cdconley, how thick did you spread the concrete?

12. romie

romie Active Member

MY buddy and I have about 12000. 4500 used pat. 16 yard only sidewalk 1200, electrician and materal 400, concrete block house concrete floor and labor 1300 wireless cantaberry 2000.dirtwork 200 .container for targets 2200. Cheap fun no, worth it yesIt's open any time I want to shoot or any guest I want. Do it
    Monty

13. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

avidtrapshooter,

I think it was just 4" thick. We have the full walks about 3' wide with additional walkways 4' wide in front of the 16 and even with the 27. As I remember the plans that I got called for 11yrds but I put my station to station walk in front not even with the 16 so the speakers are never in the dirt and I went 4' wide on the station to station walks.

14. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

ok that makes sense then, i also calculated at just over 11 yards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how much does it cost to build a trap field

how much does it cost to put in a trap house

how much is a trap house

trap field walkways