1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how much money does it take?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by W.P.T., Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

It usually takes about twice to 2 1/2 times what the average person makes, if you plan it out and stay within a budget ... When I first started shooting trap, I always wondered why the days seemed so long and the nights were so short because I was always working or shooting ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

100,000 minimum would be my guess

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

The question is too vague. It depends on where you live and how you choose to live.

I know a family of FIVE in the Midwest who easily lives on less than $5K/month (gross), saves money, and paid off their house a few years back when they were making even less. They simply choose to be happy living a somewhat modest life, rarely use credit, and they make smart financial choices. Health coverage is through work. The husband also knows how to fix things rather than call somebody.

On the other hand, I've known people who went bankrupt making $12K/month. As usual, the problem was CREDIT CARDS and trying to impress the neighbors.

As far as shooting sports goes, I've taken my boys out and shot .22s all day for $20, including gas. Obviously anybody having trouble paying their family's bills and putting away a little money for the future shouldn't be shooting much trap.

-Gary

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Why do you ask, grasshopper ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.