1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How much is this trap gun worth?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by hmrgun, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmrgun

hmrgun Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I would like to know what a fair price would be for a Browning Superposed Diana. I know what it would be worth if it were perfect, but it isn't. It is the trap model with the Broadway rib, and manufactured in 68. It has 32 inch barrels and is choked full over improved modified. It was made in the middle of the salt era, but is not a salt damaged gun. The buttstock is a midas grade and not numbered to the gun. It has been cut so the lop is thirteen and three quarter inches. It only has very minor dings on the wood and metal. The forend is original and numbered to the gun and matches the butstock for color and grain. Mechanically the gun is in very good shape, but the lever is all the way to center. I would send it to Trap2's gunsmith as he only charges $125 to rebuild the locking block, but I need to sell it now. So for you Superposed experts, what would be a fair price that would get this gun sold?
    Thanks,
    Cliff

2. hmrgun

hmrgun Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I would like to know what a fair price would be for a Browning Superposed Diana. I know what it would be worth if it were perfect, but it isn't. It is the trap model with the Broadway rib, and manufactured in 68. It has 32 inch barrels and is choked full over improved modified. It was made in the middle of the salt era, but is not a salt damaged gun. The buttstock is a midas grade and not numbered to the gun. It has been cut so the lop is thirteen and three quarter inches. It only has very minor dings on the wood and metal. The forend is original and numbered to the gun and matches the butstock for color and grain. Mechanically the gun is in very good shape, but the lever is all the way to center. I would send it to Trap2's gunsmith as he only charges $125 to rebuild the locking block, but I need to sell it now. So for you Superposed experts, what would be a fair price that would get this gun sold?
    Thanks,
    Cliff
    DSC00426-1.jpg

3. hmrgun

hmrgun Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sorry, I am a failure at posting images. Would someone be kind enough to post a few for me?
    Thanks
    Cliff

4. hmrgun

hmrgun Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks setter!

5. hmrgun

hmrgun Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'll try again.
    [​IMG]

6. setter

setter Member

0   0   0

Another
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Success!!

7. setter

setter Member

0   0   0

8. hmrgun

hmrgun Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Unloader,
    The rib hasn't been resoldered, the chokes are original, and the trigger is pull pull.
    Thanks,
    Cliff

9. hmrgun

hmrgun Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ajax, Sorry I haven't settled on a price yet. I was hoping to get a little more input first.
    Thanks, Cliff

10. spritc

spritc Active Member

0   0   0

According to Blue Book, which is just a reference book, 95% would be $4,200, 90% would be $2,750 and 80% would be $2,450. Since it has been altered and needs to be tightened-up, it makes it difficult to evaluate. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and therefore it is worth what someone will pay for it.

Steve

11. hmrgun

hmrgun Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Unloader,
    The rib hasn't been resoldered, the chokes are original, and the trigger is pull pull.
    Thanks,
    Cliff

12. hmrgun

hmrgun Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ajax, Sorry I haven't settled on a price yet. I was hoping to get a little more input first.
    Thanks, Cliff

13. spritc

spritc Active Member

0   0   0

According to Blue Book, which is just a reference book, 95% would be $4,200, 90% would be $2,750 and 80% would be $2,450. Since it has been altered and needs to be tightened-up, it makes it difficult to evaluate. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and therefore it is worth what someone will pay for it.

Steve

14. hmrgun

hmrgun Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Looks like the gun is sold.
    Thanks to all that helped out.
    Cliff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.