1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How much is this 90t worth??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Stretch28, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Stretch28

Stretch28 TS Member

Hi I came across a like new 90t at a local sportsman's club recently and was wondering if the $2700 asking price was fair. The wood is in great shape no dings or scratches, it has an adjustable comb and butt plate(not a gracoil), low rib barrel and is ported. The side plates have what im guessing is custom engraving, they don't say "Remington 90-T". It also comes with a nice aluminum case that says "Remington 90-T" inside if I remember correctly. If someone could let me know if this is a fair deal and if not how much is it really worth that would be great, Thanks - Greg

2. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

not an expert on the 90T. I have always heard they are a good gun, I think the Hi rib is worth more. I believe that is at the high end, but if you like it and it fits and it is in top condition I would make an offer starting around $2,000 just my 2 cents

3. Shawn

Shawn Member

The price seems high.
    Without seeing it a low rib gun would go $1700 - $2000

Shawn

4. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

They sold new for about 1700.00. Not good enough gun to go for much more now.

5. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Well I sure would NOT want to disagree with ANYONE but,2000.00 -2200.00 is a GOOD price for a like "NEW" 90T.Remember some people "downgrade" the 90T because they have NEVER owned one.!!!!!!!!!!Adj.comb,adj. butt plate and a NICE case. I sure think 2200.00 is about right but, what the hell do i know. Joe joe90t

6. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

joe90t,

How many of those guns do you own? LOL NAH,you don't know nuttin' about them dang things. HAHA!

At any rate, I bought a 90t from a poster on this site last February. Pretty much an original gun except it has flush choke tubes. 34" barrel. Best damn trap gun I ever shot. Mine was the one that Remington used in their centerfold print ads for the gun--I have the documentation from Remington that states that. It is the low rib gun. I would say that it is in 85%+ range for wear etc. Came with one little ding in the stock. Tron fixed that. He also installed a new recoil pad, a Kick-eez. I paid $1900 for the gun.

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Low rib gun with an adjustable comb and butt plate, ported... if not factory done, by whom and what else was tinkered with?! What is the position of the its "action release" lever - 5 o'clock, 6 o'clock? Does the gun's locking bolt and/or its forearm iron need to be updated? Does the gun have its original tools and manual?

A great looking gun may have been shot substantially, requiring a tune-up with new springs and some additional rejuvenation expenses - the guns are 15 +/- years old... caveat emptor...

Jay

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

$2200 is tops for a low rib with a case

9. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Lou (cubancigar2000) has it. $2200 is top dollar for a gun like this, especially in todays weak used gun market. Now $2700 is not a bad price IF he throws in 10 flats of trap loads. Realistically, $2000 is a fair price for both you, and the seller, all things considered..... Just my opinion... Dan Thome (Trap2)

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

$2200 is tops for a low rib 90-T I would not pay that for a low rib, $2200 is about right for the Adjustable Rib Model.

And I have owned 3 of them, the low rib shoots too low for me.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I think you have to look at what some of these have just been listed at here. Some very nice, like new guns, where listed at or close to that $2700. They sold, but at what price, I don't know for sure.

When you ask, "What is gun worth?" you get what each individual would pay for it, if they where to buy it. Does not mean that this is what anyone would pay for it. Sometimes the right buyer comes along and pays that amount.

In this instance, I think you have the information you are looking for, as to what would be a good price to pay for it, as a good deal though. Obviously more info would be needed to judge what this gun is really worth. An Americase, custom engraved side plates, along with the adjustable comb, and pad help with value. The porting, and not knowing if any updates have been done would be a negative, IMO.

12. Stretch28

Stretch28 TS Member

Thanks for all the replies you guys saved me a bunch of money!

13. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Stretch28... As for me, you're welcome! Glad we could help a fellow trap shooter from getting a "not so good" deal. Be patient and another will pop up at a better price..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I sold a like new 90-T HPAR for $2500.00, had 50 shells shot in it, I shot them ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

YAC,

I knew a man who once sold a horse for 5000, and it was worth 4000. When the new guy got it, it was still worth 4000.

16. Crunch

Crunch Member

The gun itself, designed and bulit by Kolar, is an excellent design and produced with the highest quality materials. Like Ljutic's, these guns are excellent used buys. I don't think you'll find a better quality gun for less money fhan the 90T.

17. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

90T clearance was more than just a few years, ago... more than a decade ago - if memory serves me right, Jacquas at Vandalia had 90Ts in the late 90s on clearance.

According to Remington, the guns were built from 1991 and discontinued in 1997... the earliest guns are now 22 years old and the most recent 16+...

A buddy who got me hooked on the "T" paid retail, way back when, and I think he said he paid @$2700 for his low rib then... I think I recall somewhere the HPAR retailed for @$3500...

When your bread and butter crowd is buying all the 870 Express they can for $250... and your 1100/1187 semis fetch $500-600... I think it was inevitable that Remington Arms would have difficulty marketing a "Remington" for $3k, regardless of who did the manufacturing - however, their "bust" became out "boon"...

"Crunch" couldn't have said it better - they're a real value for the money and the quality stacks up against anything made today...

Jay

18. Stl Flyn

What did a new in box, BT-99 sell for in 1972? What do they sell for now?

Take pictures of it and post them on here. Find out if the updates have been done and, how much it was shot.

I would bet that the prices would change. Fact is, without pictures, and more information, the prices you where given would change. What if it has Bill Mains engraved side plates? What about the embroidered 90-T Americase? Like new condition? What if the $260 in updates are done?

19. Stretch28

Stretch28 TS Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are pictures of the gun, the case is in the background in the one.

20. Stl Flyn

Looks nice from there!

Looks like the standard patina purple receiver. Any close-up photo's of the plates, porting? The porting is probably the Seitz style, I imagine. Barrel, choke, measurements?

Search tags for this page
engraved 90t
how much is a space gun mworth

remington 90t value