1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how much is it worth mec 600jr

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nailer123, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

I,m looking at a mec 600 jr for my daughter to start loading on .The one i found looks like new.I do load myself so i do have scales and i check everthing i just want to get her loading her own stuff.How much should i offer

2. glenns

glenns Member

I bought a new MEC 600 Jr a couple months ago for $135.

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I got rid of mine a couple of years ago for 25.00. I paid $75.00 new in the mid 70's and used it for a long time. It was still good to reload with and I think is had better materials in it than my 8567 and 9000.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

for me if it is a newer unit. you can see they are up in price new
    EX: Cabelas gets 145.00
    I have bought many older units from 25 to 75 bucks depending on condition and age. Most older units will need up grades as parts run low. pre 82 loaders.

If it is in great shape with box and all the parts offer what you want to pay.

personlly unless you get a good deal on it. Maybe a NEW one to get her started right. Dont need to mess with someone elses past adjustments.

Also if you give her a new one it IS HERS and no one elses. She may have a different outlook on the loder. Rather than some guys old loader.

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Nailer123, If it was me in the same situation, I would offer somewhere between $75 to $100 dollars for that loader in almost new cond. It depends on who the seller is to you. Friend, fellow shooter, or someone that you don't know very well. The 600 Jr. is the perfect reloader for a youngster to reload on. My father had me pulling a handle on one when I was 12 to 13 years old. I made the shells for both of us or I could not shoot that weekend. I also had to have all homework done before I could start reloading. I still have fond memories of that time in my childhood reloading with dad and then for him. Best of Luck with you and your daughter. Break-em all. Jeff

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

There is about 30 of them on e-bay, prices range quite a bit depending on condition. Wayne

7. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Nailer you have a PM

8. Pat McKean

Pat McKean Active Member

Get her a new one. After a few months, she'll be ready to use yours, then sell hers. Or keep it for the special, experimental, game shooter loads.

-Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec 600jr worth