1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How much have you spent on Trapshooting?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rick979, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick979

rick979 Active Member

How much have you spent on trapshooting since you started? guns, ammo, fees, travel, etc?? I figure it must average around $1.00 per shell fired? Is this close? Is it more?

2. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

many thousands

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

ditto and will spend thousands more.

4. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

I hope it wasn't a $1 per bird, but if it was....it was worth it.

277,500 lifetime total targets.

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Well I did a little math several years ago and it surprised me: Registered tgts. @$30.00 per 100- shells @ $20.00-per 100- avg. for gas--food--guns- gun safe-and other misc. came to 82 cents each time I pulled the trigger. Ross Puls

6. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

OH don't let my wife see this!!!!

To me I could care less about the cost. I love shooting and talking about shooting and getting new stuff for shooting. I won't ever change that way of living and hope to pass it on to my little ones so that they will be the same as POPS.

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Shooting registered targets is a waste of time and money, unless you're a sandbagger. HMB

8. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

This is a depressing topic.....Boy, if my wife was on TS.com I wouldn't be allowed to shoot trap any longer.

Bryan

9. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I don't want to know.

Rick in MT

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

My wife laughed out loud at Ross Puls' figures. She said who is he trying to kid. I figure it is much more than $1/trigger pull if you include EVERYTHING!! In my short career i have spent a small fortune on guns alone and i haven't had any of the high end high dollar guns. Add gun mods, chokes, cases, shells, reloading supplies, reloaders(plural), remodel room in basement for loading room, entry fee's, options, transportation, food, the shooting gear, clothing, ear plugs, hats, donations to youth programs, alot of this times 2 as i support my son's shooting too etc. etc.

I'm just a newbie rookie. Some of you guys have to have scary numbers.

11. open choke

open choke TS Member

I agree with Ric3677 & kgp

I don't want to know & don't tell the wife

12. hogfan5

hogfan5 TS Member

I don't know off hand but,It doesn't cost near what it's worth to watch your sons take up the sport.

13. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

It took me 47 years to spend on shooting what my wife spent in one minute for our 2nd home.

Brings tears to my eyes:)

FRedmon

14. AlanM

AlanM Member

Don't know and don't care, just enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
    Alan

15. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I'd be afraid to even venture a guess.

D.P.Reynolds

16. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Not near enough yet. Hogfan5, I envey you. Enjoy, that has to be priceless.

17. MR870

MR870 Member

The cost of FUN.I once spent $500 on entry fee,options,gas,shells,beer,room,and etc.I won and walked away with $3000.The next day my wife won a new couch,glass table,and a chair you look at but can't sit in.My fun,her fun.Mine was still cheaper.

18. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Counting every expense I can think of related to shooting, and not counting any winnings, I would guess somewhere pretty close to $100k (for 11 years and somewhere close to 40k registered NSSA targets). Winnings might offset 1/4 of that.

19. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I have kept detailed records and receipts of every penny I have spent in the shooting sports since I started shooting in 1970. This includes, gun purchases, money lost on trade in's for a new gun, new shells, reloaders, reloading supplies, entrance fees, hotels, plane tickets, eating on the road while attending a shoot, options, shooting clothing, bags, shooting glasses, ear plugs, shooting hats, etc.

To date, I have spent $619,435.97. I have won the following in ATA events, $797.32.

I could never pay the shooting sports back for all the fun and friendships I have made over the years. To me, it was worth every penny spent.

A dear friend of mine, Vic Reinders never owned his own house as he always rented. A lot of Vic's money was also shot over a trap and skeet house and hunting.

Would I like this money back? NO! If I would die today I would have a smile on my face. I just love shooting and the people I have met through the years.
    Steve Balistreri

20. Strait Shooter

Strait Shooter Member

This reminds me of a boat show I was at. Looking at a multi millian dollar boat, when I asked the salesman how much, he smiled and said , if you have to ask , you probably can't afford it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.