1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How much force?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I use a MEC Sizemaster. Can anyone tell me how much force it takes to pull the handle down once? I understand that there is variation, and that this is basically irrelevant, but I am interested to know how much I'm "pressing" per box of reloads. I've adopted a nice even rhythm - three stroke with right arm, insert wad and then three strokes for the left arm. That's 75 downward strokes per arm per box. I suspect that the total pressure applied adds up to a substantial amount.

I'm fortunate to have my reloader set up at my office. I HAVE TO get up for a break at least twice a day and I can load two boxes with each break. That works out to 4 a day, or 300 downward strokes per day per arm.

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being important), this is thought would probably rank under one. Regardless, its on my mind and maybe others have had the same thought. I search the archives and MEC online - but still have questions. I suppose I could do it myself if I had a trigger pull gauge or one of those spring loaded hanging scales used to weight fish. I don't, so I'm asking.

Larry

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Funny you mention it. I just finished loading some shells I shot over the weekend on one!!! I could not even guess at the force needed other than it is different at different stations. Overall I'd say its 75% less than a progressive machine. Someone have a scale to measure this with??? Break-em all. JEff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.