1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how much for a wening fitted stock?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeetiee, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

have been thinking about having wenig make me a stock and forarm for my beretta 390. i have called them a couple of times and they wont give me a straight answer about price. i was hopeing some of you guys could give me some ideas as to what this is going to cost me. i have a piece of burl maple that i would like to use if they will do it for me. i definatly wont buy a 1000 piece of wood from them. if i have to use there wood it would only be there semi fancy. any help would be great. thanks lee

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Don't forget, its also the fitting. We've had a number of guys trek down to Wenig for stocks. $1200-$1500 from fitting to finish as I understand it with base grade or +1 grade wood, but the work is truly beautiful.

The laminated stocks are also very nice and offered in a variety of color combos. I believe the laminated stock are more expensive than the base grade walnuts.

Jay Spitz

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Nice wood (nothing fancy, mind you, but attractive nonetheless) will probably run you five/six hundred or so for front and back. Add the work to double that or so. Laminate is cheaper.

Neil

4. mt

mt Member

Recently had a stock made. Chose the least expensive grade but the requisite stock dimensions were so large they upgraded us to a better piece of wood. While i don't have the receipt here, I recall the cost of the fitting and making the stock was $1355. We added to this an adjustable comb for an extra $175.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you use your wood and it breaks- you are out both your wood and the labor

Use their wood

Have it fit - or why bother?

my thought- if you are going to have it fit- why not get a good piece of wood?

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. LAD39

LAD39 Member

Wenig phone # 660 547 3334
    Bob

7. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I've read this whole thread and what I get is:
    Wening pretty much discourages you from using your own wood. They have your basic wood and that will cost you about 1200 - 1500 for the stock with a fitting and comb? They sell wood for solid retail kinds of prices. They do nice work.
    So, if you have the wood, have the built up stock you want copied, checkering or not? where to go? Doesn't sound like Wening is the place for that. Or is it? Jake

8. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Gene

How do you know he doesn't have a 1000.00 piece of wood already?Do you think Wenig's is the only place to buy nice wood?Or maybe he has a piece that is less than half what Wenig's would charge for the same thing.You seem to have an agenda about Wenig's and i can only hope Lee has a better experience than me.The real reason they want you to use their wood is to make another 500.00 plus on the deal it is as simple as that.

9. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

That seems clear. Jake

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bad cant you understand--

If there is something wrong with your wood and it breaks-- you are out your wood- and their labor-- they dont warrant your wood

BAD-- THEY DONT WARRANT YOUR WOOD plus they charge you for labor of fitting and making the stock anyway

so with your wood- you could be out a lot of money if they turn it and its defective for some reason

with their wood- its the cost of doing buisness

BAD-- you have something against Wenig? an axe to grind you want to tell us bout?

most other stock makers can make stocks- but cant fit you or arent qualified to fit you

regards from Iowa

Gene

11. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

Pretty impressive list there Gordy!

12. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Gene

I have no axe to grind just not a great experience with their work.With that said i can buy a lot of blanks for what they charge for one.So you tell me when the last time you saw a semi-auto with a crack in the wood that was from bad wood not abuse or improper inletting.Check out Gordy's referal stock making list it is funny how Wenig did not make the grade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.