1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How much do you tip your trap boys?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tripod, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

a buck for every lost target they miss.

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Couple of bucks up to five (if I shoot well) at an ATA event.

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I don't tip 'em.

John C. Saubak

4. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

If they've got a good attitude, usually a couple bucks.

Jim

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

...unless you're a skeeter...in which case you try to give 'em the whole thing.

6. Dusted1

Dusted1 TS Member

Tipping the trap help is not allowed at our trap club. All gratuities for the trap help are handled by the club officers. A round of trap is $5.00.

7. 682LINY

682LINY Member

just fair job $ 3,,,good pulls and good calls,,,$ 4-5,,,for 100 targets

8. capvan

capvan Active Member

What is a "trap boy"?

9. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Our hired trap help is compensated. I have never seen anyone tip trap help. If I did, I'd propose a rule banning it for the obvious reasons.

10. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

So far as I know, tipping is not generally done at trap events. At Maringo, we had the nicest young lady pulling/scoring/trapping for us on several events over three days, and I quietly slipped her a $20 after we finished our last round. That was an unusual circumstance, and I never mentioned it to the other guys on my squad.

At our local shoots the club members do the scoring, me among them, and occasionally someone will shake my hand and say "thanks". I always complement and thank the scorer, and the friends on my squad. On the way out, I thank the guys behind the desk and the folks in the kitchen at the host club for their hospitality ...especially if they're serving those wonderful dirty 'ol country ham sammitches.

For sporting clays, after a round of 50, we tip the trapper $5 each.

11. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Approximately a buck per round for sporting or other sports without voice pulls. For just scoring? I don't know.

12. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Ours are paid at the minimum wage scale ($7+/hr). We also have a tip box that they split among themselves on Sunday PM, after the weekend. From what I'm told, they don't get much.

Besides maintaining the trap and skeet houses, they also move boxes of targets, shovel snow, and handle other tasks the shotgun chairman designates.

I throw a couple of bucks in weekly, and at Christmas time, several of us up the amount.

I think it comes down to what each of us believe about tipping.

Best,
    Dennis

13. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

$5 (+/-) per squad member for a round of sporting.

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

In Michigan, if their paid employees, I tip nothing. If volunteers, I might tip a buck or two......for the day. or round, if sporting clays.

15. rivers001

rivers001 TS Member

One puller in my local club goes out of his way to welcome new shooters and teach them the basics. I'm very appreciative of the work he puts in.

Typical tip from me is $5 for every 4 or 5 rounds.

16. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

We had a decent day last Friday here in the frozen wasteland of MN, made it into the 30s. Poor highschool girls out pulling and scoring all day, I shot 4 or 5 rounds and figured I should leave something. They did a great job and never once complained about the cold or not being able to warm up. Usually I don't leave anything, but they really earned their wage that day.

17. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I don't know when I'm allowed to or not, so I don't. I have brought lunch and sodas for some that I personally know and care about. I have also made cookies, pies, and cakes and put them in the clubhouse for them.

I've been on squads where some of us saw a shooter's target break while one of the shooters couldn't see the chip fall from his/her angle. I appreciate the trap help very much, but I am always wary that another shooter could accuse me of having given a bribe.

18. SEPAShooter

SEPAShooter TS Member

Our club is run by all volunteer help. Also due to insurance regulations we can not let anyone under 18 to load the traps. What we do is along with our youth program we let the youngsters shoot for free as long as they keep score and help clean up at the end of the shoot.

19. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Five bucks.

Berettaman7

20. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

I dont usually tip every trap, every event, every day etc. But usually the last trap of the last event I shoot, I give the kid $10 or $20...just because!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how much do i tip the trap kid
how much do you tip a trap puller

how much to tip the trap scorer

how much to you tip trap boys
sporting clays tipping puller
trap shooting tip the trapper