Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you pay for gas to travel to a shoot?

3K views 22 replies 23 participants last post by  2labman 
#1 ·
This is what it was:

See less See more
#9 ·
It's a minimum 120 mile round trip for me even to shoot practice (so I don't do that very often) and the clubs I frequent most are 120, 200, and 240 miles round trip. And gas here is around $4/gallon and my truck will burn $70 worth minimum.

Ron Burr

Alberta

#13 ·
Gas prices up here this summer ran around $3.50 to 3.90 per gal. I drive to Mason MI 4 times a year pulling my camper. $150 each time round trip.
Other shoots are 20 to 50 miles away, I can drive my little car to them getting about 32mpg so it's not to bad. This biggest spread is the cost of targets, from $23 to $33 per 100.

#18 ·
I drive an F-250 Super Duty Diesel, I pay as much as it takes. When I want to go shooting, I go shooting. I have been to a fair amount of shoots where people ask me why I drove so far. The answer is because I wanted to shoot there at that particular club, that is why. If I worried about the price of fuel, I would not shoot half as much as I do now. And I enjoy every minute of it, even when my scores are horrible.

Jim Bradbury

#21 ·
About $.05 maybe, what ever it takes my Gator to drive from the front of the house to the back

I'm lucky I have a trap field in my back yard, literally

#22 ·
If I go north it is a $30.00 round trip. If I go south it is a $15.00 round trip. I pretty much don't care what it cost,I can't control the price of gas and besides, I'm doing something I love and having a good time with the best people in the world and that is priceless.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.