1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How much do I have in trade ?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by amboy49, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I guess I'll post this in the For Sale section although I don't have anything for sale at this time. My local club ( for profit ) has a new Krieghoff San Remo sporting with 32" barrels for sale. I believe the price is $26K and change.

I have a number of guns that I either (1) don't shoot much if any, or (2) don't shoot well, or (3) don't play the games the guns were designed for. If I trade my guns in it reduces the applicable sales tax I would normally have to pay - so that is an incentive to trade-in rather than sell what I have. The sales tax on a $26K gun @ 7% is attention getting.

I have:

Krieghoff K20 that is 98% plus. Two barrel Vintage Scroll - 30" barrels. Five screw chokes per barrel. Upgraded Bavarian wood #7 stock. Krieghoff 2 gun case. Barrels are 20 ga and 28 ga.

Beretta Tekneys 391 Cole gun with monte carlo ( wood ) and 32" trap barrel and 6 screw in choke tubes. Gun is 97%+. Wood is awesome. Closer assist.

Beretta Tekneys 391 sporting with 30" barrel. One screw choke. Nice wood. Gun is 95%. Closer assist

Browning XT trap with 32" screw choke barrels. After market awesome wood. Full set of Briley sub gauge skeet tubes. Krieghoff hard case. Multiple chokes in the 12 ga. and with the sub gauge tubes. Gun is 95%. This is probably a "do it all" gun - trap, skeet, and sporting.

I'm trying to figure out what I can expect in trade for these guns and how to go about making the best deal. I am also assuming I can probably ask for at least 10% off of the retail on the K80. My history of gun purchases are typically described as "buying retail and selling wholesale !"

Thoughts ?

Thanks in advance.

2. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I guess I'll post this in the For Sale section although I don't have anything for sale at this time. My local club ( for profit ) has a new Krieghoff San Remo sporting with 32" barrels for sale. I believe the price is $26K and change.

I have a number of guns that I either (1) don't shoot much if any, or (2) don't shoot well, or (3) don't play the games the guns were designed for. If I trade my guns in it reduces the applicable sales tax I would normally have to pay - so that is an incentive to trade-in rather than sell what I have. The sales tax on a $26K gun @ 7% is attention getting.

I have:

Krieghoff K20 that is 98% plus. Two barrel Vintage Scroll - 30" barrels. Five screw chokes per barrel. Upgraded Bavarian wood #7 stock. Krieghoff 2 gun case. Barrels are 20 ga and 28 ga.

Beretta Tekneys 391 Cole gun with monte carlo ( wood ) and 32" trap barrel and 6 screw in choke tubes. Gun is 97%+. Wood is awesome. Closer assist.

Beretta Tekneys 391 sporting with 30" barrel. One screw choke. Nice wood. Gun is 95%. Closer assist

Browning XT trap with 32" screw choke barrels. After market awesome wood. Full set of Briley sub gauge skeet tubes. Krieghoff hard case. Multiple chokes in the 12 ga. and with the sub gauge tubes. Gun is 95%. This is probably a "do it all" gun - trap, skeet, and sporting.

I'm trying to figure out what I can expect in trade for these guns and how to go about making the best deal. I am also assuming I can probably ask for at least 10% off of the retail on the K80. My history of gun purchases are typically described as "buying retail and selling wholesale !"

Thoughts ?

Thanks in advance.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

oly a fool would pay that. research this thoroughly before trading away your guns for the san remo

4. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I would sell them outright here and buy what you want from another state on the internet. you might do better. That sounds like too much money for the one you want. Just sayin..

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Check your PM. I'm a buyer at wholesale

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

I hope its a new K-80 San Remo. Jeff

7. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Dealer will typically give you 50% of retail on a trade ---- but you can expect to get less if you have multiple trades. Doesn't seem like much but remember he's not paying retail for his guns and many dealer's will get anywhere from 50-90 days (and longer for some higher volume dealers) after they receive a new gun to actually pay the company for it.

8. Gary Ferrell

Gary Ferrell Member

Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0

Sent you a PM
    Thank you
    Gary

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Let MIA help you out...Jack will deal fair and square with you