1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How much cash do u feel comfortable carrying ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Jun 30, 2013.

1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    I was listening to a sports call in radio show this morning. One of the host is a former NFL football player. He was ask by his co host, how much money do you usually carry in cash with you?

He said on average $1,000.00 he keeps in his wallet. I have no idea why he would need that much especially when most people carry plastic in this day and age?

I normally carry around $50 to $100.00. If I am going to a gun club I will carry more as I am always looking for a possible gun deal.

Here's the question, do you usually carry more than $100.00 or less? Does the amount increase when you go to a gun club in case you see a gun you might like to purchase?

I believe most people carry under $100.00, do you agree?
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin

2. Dukefan

Dukefan K-80 Trap Special TS Supporters

I prefer to carry between $150.00 and $200.00 cash. With retirement right around the corner, I am trying to wean myself off of credit cards and I don't like using debit cards.

3. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

Not much or I keep thinking I've got someone else's pants on.
    Dave

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Cash is stupidity,the richest people in the world never carry cash. Check out Amex black card.

The only time I ever use cash is to buy targets @ my local range---they just got a cube that attaches to an I pad.

Cash is for drug dealers and street hookers !!!

Phil Berkowitz

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

That totally depends on where I am going and or what I am doing ... I usually carry between 300 to 400 just in case ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

Nuts.......cards won't buy much of anything in a private party sale, and a check is near worthless these days.

7. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I don't know, bought houses, motor yachts and cars no cash involved. If you're connectd you can get a certified check in a heart beat.

Phil Berkowitz

8. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

If you're buying houses and yachts I'm sure a check may do, but for everything else cash is king....;)

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rarely carry any cash at all. At any given moment you're usually with 5 minutes of an ATM. I'm never comfortable when I have more than $100 on me at a time.

10. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I've never used a ATM. Usually carry $200.00 to $250.00
    Only use credit cards when I am forced to, like car rentals
    etc.

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Cash is the universal deal maker. It's the big gun you bring to a knife fight.

Eric

12. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

Cash is king. I get far better deals on things with cash than with plastic. How much I carry depends on where I'm going. No I'm not a drug dealer!! Grew up around sale barns & been horse trading for along time. Just don't trade in horses anymore.

13. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I keep a $100 bill folden and hidden in a corner of the billfold for an emergency Other than that I usually have from $20 to less than a $100 in small bills in my wallet.

I've been trying to use more cash for purchases - because I spend a lot less when paying with cash. It hurts a lot more to shell out cash than to just swipe a card.

14. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Shhhhhh!! The IRS will hear you!! Cash, why do you have it, has it been taxed before you put it in your pants!??

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I ain't scared, put it that way.

16. 5141

5141 Member

Hard to Be at a Flyer Shoot ,especially the Card Game without a significant number of Ben Franklins....
    What ever....... time and place for everything...
    By the way I declined that Black AMex..... it is a key target for kidnappers in a lot of the world I travel in....

17. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

300-500 depending on where going

18. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I like to carry 3-5 hundred. I like the feeling of it and I like the feeling of knowing I can. Just makes me kind of happy.

19. patrick Swartz

patrick Swartz Member

Gentlemen,

I always carry a couple hundred bucks of sas money. When my wife gets to sassy with me,I can get away for a few days without asking her for money. Works for me.

Patrick Swartz

20. Bkp2024

Bkp2024 Member

I always carry cash. Being a small business owner I realize the merchants have to pay fees to get there money. I shop local as much as possible and always pay in cash.

Last year it cost me nearly $20k to get money people spent with me. More than enough for a brand new k gun. Which I could only dream of. Been in business over 10 years now and most likely paid well over $100k in credit card fees by now. And yes I have competitive rates. I have been told by many companies trying to get me to switch that I have are ally good deal.