1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How much are OLD STYLE AA 410 paper/plastic ?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Racerx, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Racerx

Racerx Member

0   0   0

I have the old style paper/plastic AA's ... looks like all are once fired !! very clean:) The plastic's are deprimed papers are not. So what are they worth.. I know alot of guys are using the new style hulls HS type... so what do you think ? Have at least 500 of each kind.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

First off, the papers aren't AA, AA have always been plastic.

Second, the fact that the plastics have been deprimed KILLS their value. Pre-HS 410s are going for 20-30 cents each, but people that are paying that kind of money want proof that they are definitely once fired, and the primer is the only proof.

Lastly, I think you'd be hard pressed to get much out of the paper hulls.

3. Racerx

Racerx Member

0   0   0

yes the paper say "super speed" on them.. 20-30 each.. thats crazy money! i can see 5-8 cents but I shoot STS 12 ga. dont know the market for super clean 410 stuff thats so old ?

4. djldb6

djldb6 Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

It has been my recent experience that the AA HS plastic once fired are going for 10-15 cents each. The old AA compression formed are more highly valued by some because they feel they reload longer and better than the newer HS hulls but I don't think there is a significant price difference assigned. I see some trying to sell .410 AA HS for 20 cents each but they just sit.

I don't know what the papers are or what they would be worth.

Just my 2cents.

Dan

5. Racerx

Racerx Member

0   0   0

Thanks... I also have 20 AA and 12 ga AA and of all things 28 ga wads I think are remington 7/8 ? Oh I even have Actives 20 ga. 12 ga

6. Customstox

Customstox Member

0   0   0

Racerx, you could buy those same original primers back in the day and reload those shells so not having the primers place does not diminish the value.

7. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

I have never seen those pink / copper primers for sale. Jeff

8. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

0   0   0

.10 to.15 cents each for OF Win AA's is the going price. This drives me nuts since OF 12 AA's are .03-.05 ea. here all the time. It is a supply and demand thing. They sell 100 times more 12's than .410 or 28's

A box of 12 ga AA's is about $8 in the non gouge places like WalMart

However a new box of .410 2.5" AA's are $12.50 a box at WalMart which is about the cheapest place to buy new ammo there is.

I saw $20 per box for Remington .410's today at Big 5.

You can reload them for about half what it costs to reload 12 ga. due to the 1/2 oz. of shot and smaller powder charges.

The one problem is you can't reload them as many times as you can the 12's due to the crimp taking a beating on the .410 hull. So it is still as expensive as regular 12's in the end. It's just a lot more fun to shoot!

If you are going to shoot a .410 very much you need to get yourself at least 1000 hulls and a decent machine, and get after it.

This is what I did as soon as I bought a .410 O/U and I haven't looked back.

They are way more fun to shoot and more fun to reload as well.

Randy

9. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I think the once fired HS .410's are usually about 15 cents each. The once fired pre-HS .410 hulls I've seen brought about 18 cents each.

Both are usually plus shipping.

Stan

10. Jrich

Jrich TS Member

0   0   0

Interested in your hulls let me know

11. Racerx

Racerx Member

0   0   0

waiting on payment on 410 hulls.. there almost all gone.. still have 20 AA reds and AA yellows.. and AA 12 ga reds .. I still have winchester 410 papers still but not for long..

12. Racerx

Racerx Member

0   0   0

Update I only have old style WW 410 papers left..Yellow AA 20 ga left and RED 12 ga AA old style plastic left..

13. Racerx

Racerx Member

0   0   0

Yellow AA 20 ga sold pending funds/ 410 papers sold pending funds