1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How much are Federal Paper hulls worth?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by zzt, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I'm toying with the idea of buying 5 flats of Federal Paper 12 ga shells to try, since everyone raves about how soft shooting they are. How much are once-fired, never hit the ground papers worth (I'll have 1250)?

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

About a nickle a piece. Same as STS hull. They don't shoot any softer, but they smell real good!

ss

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

thank's all.

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I guess me and hundreds like me all share the same delusion that a paper has less felt recoil.Jeff

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I've got a three cases of 12 gauge papers for anyone interested, in the Chicago Metro area... $50/cs local P/U only.

Update... "papers" sold, pending funds

Jay

6. miner1

miner1 Member

I just sold 1000 that I shot during a state shoot for .04 cents

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The worth of things usually depend on if you are the buyer or the seller ... I have people tell me about deals they get all the time, but the deal can never be duplicated for some reason except on a rare occasion ... Reality is anything you are selling is worth whatever someone will pay for it ... If you price it to high it'll never sell, if you price it to low people think there is someting wrong with it and again, it'll never sell ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

$62.50. HMB

9. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

The newer one's are worth .02 if that, most split the tubes after the first fire. Many separate the base head on the first reload. These newer hulls are a product of Federal thrifting (taking content out of the tube to save money and control costs) The earlier hulls about '95 and before have a much thicker tube making better reloads. These earlier hulls command a higher prices because they're just better. Finding early good clean once fired hulls are getting tougher to find. I would think these would command between and nickle and dime, depending where you live.

Surfer

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Dead one those were the smooth plastics. The currentpapers are fine...

11. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If you're not familiar with those nice, thick, well waxed Federal papers from the 60's and 70's you know not of what you speak!!

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I load nothing but Fed papers and have ever since I could no longer get Actives

13. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I have between 6 to 7 thousand maybe more once fired paper hulls remaining in my stash, all are at least 25 years old. I can assure you they are far superior to todays offering by a wide margin.

I have been given current production hulls by well meanig friends and give them away to others because of the problems I mentioned earlier in this thresd.

Surfer

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Wow! Guess it's just our luck we have no problems getting several reloads with the current ones. Go figure...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.