1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How much and often do you shoot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by headhunter, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

How much do you shoot? Per week, how many rounds per day? Do you shoot trap and Skeet? Five stand? Other than as much and often as I can...

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I used to shoot 3-5K targets per year...but economics and arthritis have limited me to under 2K for the past few years.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

In Arizona I used to shoot four days a week until Red Mountain closed. Down to two days a week now but not for the economy. If it were more convenient I'd still shoot more.

Back in Illinois I shoot a large shoot somewhere every week.

I love this game.

4. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Last year I shot 2 or 3 times a week and it ranged anywhere from 150 to 250 shells a week. Plus, whenever one of the clubs had their sporting clays shoot, I went and shot that (about once every 2 or 3 months) which was 100-200 shells. This year, I have a sporting clays shoot to go to every month and will only be shooting 2 times a week. But the shot maker has paid for itself so I have no ambition to attempt selling shot, especially now that it has dropped in price. So, I plan on shooting more this year since we should have plenty of our homemade shot. Josh

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I shoot on average 6 rounds on Wednesday and 6 rounds on Sunday afternoon. Mixed bag of skeet, wobble trap, scrap and an occasional round of sporting clays on Saturday. No registered yet. Jackie B.

6. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Jack,
    That seems perfect for me. In a perfect world wed and sunday 1 flat a week. I think some shoot much more than that. Maybe you need to shoot more than that to get real good.

7. certifiable

certifiable TS Member

Roughly 10,000/yr ave.last 3 years from Apr. thru Sept. & 4,000 Oct. thru Mar.

8. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I shoot from 3 to 4 rounds of trap and skeet every Wednesday and a round of sporting clays every weekend. I shoot every sporting clays tournament that doesn't fall on an opening weekend of a bird season. I shoot a skeet league every summer and a trap league whenever my local club offers one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.