1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How much ammo?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CharlieAMA, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

OK, I'm moving this to the shooting related thread. How much ammo is enough. With Erwin's in Amarillo selling 60 cases of .223 ammo, and running out of AR's, how much ammo do we need to store. I'll say as much as you can afford. That was last weeks sales. Charlie

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

What are you storing it for (ie use)?

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

No such thing as too much ammo. I believe ammo is one of the few things that hold its value and perhaps gain if stored correctly.

4. CharlieAMA

I've always kept ammo, but with present mind set of some people, it is being hoarded to a degree. The price of it is astronomic. I was just curious as to what others thought. Alot of places are low on supplies, here in Amarillo, or plum out altogether. I don't think it is going to get cheaper. Charlie

5. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Let's see, I've got 17,000 rounds of 7.62X51, 10,000 rounds of 5.56, About 3000 rounds each of 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP along with about 40 flats of shotgun target loads in 12, 16, 20, 28 and 410. And the "fixings" to load many more. Not counting the 41 Rem Mag, 44 Mag, 45 LC, 380, 22, and various hunting, sniper and varment loadings. Maybe enough.......

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I don't have any ammo at all. Repeat - I HAVE NO AMMO AT ALL! So when the s*** hits the fan, there is no use to come by Bisi's place in hopes of begging, borrowing, or stealing a round or two as I have NONE. In fact I was planning on borrowing some from you.

Bisi

7. CharlieAMA

Well- I've got about 8,500 rounds of various calibers, not including shotgun. I'm just curious about what others think of all this talk, and BS about ammo etc. I've got a good place to store it, so not worried there. It all has gotten so damn expensive. Charlie

8. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

ENOUGH!

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

NOT ENOUGH! AA trap, please give me some..

10. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Since the thread was placed here, I guess we play in this sandbox.

"How much ammo is enough?" I guess no one really knows, but too much can't hurt. There are 16 trilion chickens out there, just waiting to come home to roost. When they do, an abundance of ammo will NOT hinder you in the least. Hell, it may just help( read OH yeah). More ammo equals less agrivation.

Bisi, WTF? At LEAST one full mag for the 1911 will keep you whole and posting here.( and fighting your way to the long guns, even if you keep them at your neighbors house ) This is a good thing. We need you.

11. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Didn't Colonel Cooper say "a man can never have too many books, too much wine, or too much ammunition"? I'm working on the books and ammunition, but I have a problem keeping enough wine on hand!

12. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

More interesting then what you have NOW, is what will you do when "Brady II" (H.R. 3932)which was introduced by Charles Schumer in 1994 and/or S. 1878 get to THIS Congress.
    You can look up the details, but to the current question: any ammo TOTAL INVENTORY exceeding 1000 rds.would require an "ARSENAL License".
    Some REAL FUN TIMES ahead boys and girls...!!!
    It died in 1994 when GINGRICH led the Republican Party to a majority position in the Congress.
    O.fg course...he's too "RADICAL" today. Who will defeat the Democrats THIS TIME...???
    NOBODY it would seem.

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Any Pdog shooter knows that is a rhetorical question.

HM

14. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

You can never have enough ammo.

15. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

Ammo may well become a form of currency someday. I would be more accepted than gold. A person could trade a bullet for a loaf of bread or measure of fuel.

A bullet can be used to hunt food or for personal defense.

Most people will not have a practical use for gold.

16. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

How much ammo? As much as possible only problem is I tend to shoot it rather than store it. But if the SHTF I would imagine the correct amount of ammo would be what you could carry on your person and still manage to travel 10 or more miles per day - not that much.

17. lboh

lboh Member

I am sorry MDMike, but you have completely lost your mind to post to the extent you did. Not during this day and age.....

18. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Depends on what the quality of life is after Armageddon starts. If you feel life is worth fighting for at that point, buy as much as possible. Just make sure you save at least one bullet. LOL

19. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Buy cheap, stack it deep.

I don't think we will ever see today's prices again.

20. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

"I don't think we will ever see today's prices again." Hmmm......, why would that be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.