1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many would sign up?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sx1, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sx1

sx1 Member

THE WILL OF GOD WILL NOT TAKE YOU
    WHERE THE GRACE OF GOD WILL NOT
    PROTECT YOU.

New Direction for the war on terrorists.
    Send Prior Service Vets over 60!
    I am over 60 and the Armed Forces thinks I'm too old to track down terrorists. (You can't be older than 42 to join the military.)

They've got the whole thing backwards. Instead of sending 18-year-olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters:

Researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds.
    Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. "My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry!" We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some asshole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 a.m.

Old guys always get up early to pee so what the hell. Besides, like I said, "I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son-of-a-bitch.

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we like soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however. I've been in combat and didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training. I can hear the Drill Sgt now, "Get down and give me ... er ... one."

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start up a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.
    These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way.

Let us old guys track down those dirty rotten cowards who attacked us on September 11. The last thing an enemy would want to see right now is a couple of million pissed off old farts with attitudes and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them.

If nothing else, put us on the border and we will have it secured the first night.

It's purposely in big type so you can read it.

2. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

Why bother- just ARC-LIGHT the bastards 'til there's nothing left but sand then napalm that. Getting away from the yelling and eating soft food are 2 good points to your idea, tho! LOL

Larry (USAF 66-70)

3. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

Why bother- just ARC-LIGHT the bastards 'til there's nothing left but sand then napalm that. Getting away from the yelling and eating soft food are 2 good points to your idea, tho! LOL

Larry (USAF 66-70)

4. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

Ooops- flinched, sorry

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

One of the better posts of the year. I don't know if you made it up or copied it from somewhere. Doesn't matter. Add this to the list. Free shells, and you don't have to buy gas. Sign me up!

6. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

I'm only 56 but I suppose I could lie about my age!

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You all may be interested in the book: "The Old Mans War." A wonderful read.

8. silverado

silverado TS Member

60 in December, not eligible, still think about sex every 10 seconds! Don't start grouping me with the old farts. I don't see many senile shooters, they seem to be pretty well rounded to me.

9. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

SX1 -

Thanks! I needed that today!

Jeff

10. sx1

sx1 Member

Jeff,

I want my SX-1 with an extended mag an 00 buck and slugs. I'll bring my 30" barrel incase something is flying!

11. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

That is wrong! I'm an old guy and I think about sex every 10 seconds to! So there!

12. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

What is sex??????????Roger

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I got a feeling they would have more guys signing up than they would want ... There is a point in ones life when you just got to do something and cannot remember what it is or was, this could be the cure for that ... I would sign up for sure ... I always said I'd fly 10,000 miles to smoke a Camel ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Hook me up on a gurney with a 50 cal mounted to it and push me down the road. I can spray the street with shells as well as I spay a golf courses with golf balls.

FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sx1... great post

Jerbear

15. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Rick--300 yds with open sights WOW! I don't see nearly that good anymore. I do think I could hack it at 300 yds. with a 9X on my ought 6. I think Larry has the best idea. Carpet bomb their @$$ and let the gun ships handle what's left. I think we should have kept napalm. Most of the tanks were emptied and turned into "travel pods" to carry the pilots golf clubs on TDY trips. As it is now our guys are getting into troble for actually KILLING the sorry B@$t@rds or bad mouthed by some jerk liberal congressman!

16. guncase

guncase TS Member

The Question is,, how do those inefective, slack-jawed do nothing polititions keep getting elected with all you old "voters" on guard?

And how can we get rid of them???
    Take away their perks and golden retirment. Make them subject to a vote for their pay raises!! Make then serve 20 sucessful yrs for the big time retirement dollars!! Payment for life after 6 yrs of service??????? what' up with that????????? They are the biggest bunch of freeloaaders in the country!!!!!

17. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Although it has been 40 something years since I was overseas for Uncle Sam, I just got back from a week long Advanced Law Enforcement Training Camp and consistently placed second in four classes.

At 61 I can still handle a Patrol Rifle, as long as it has optics.

Did you say, soft food and FREE BULLETS? I'm IN!

18. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ill reenlist if I dont have to give up my retirement check.

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I have just five words to say about the Middle East...

Self lighting glass parking lot.

20. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Rick-Those ARE excellent rifles. The 6.5 MM Swedish Mauser was also VERY accurate. They were rejected if any did not shot one and a half MOA at 100 meters with open sights. I had one and have been kicking myself since I sold it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.