1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how many will attend because of the $100,000 only

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trapshooter1, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

How many people will attend the grand who would not have attended otherwise, just because of the 100,000. This is not a CBS or NBC poll. LOL This is just for fun I mean no harm to anyone.

Just yes or no ro maybee will do.

2. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

No, I would have a better chance of winning a lottery. Can you imagine the number of people that would attend if they picked a score at random out of a hat, and all the shooters with that number shot for the $100,000.00? Obviously the people who put up the money can decide how they want to handle it. A very nice gesture on their part.
    Steve Balistreri

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The intent is obvious but the better question would be how many really think they have a chance at winning the $100,000 when all is said and done ... The pressure of being in a shootoff/shootout depending on who you are or who you talk to will be 10 times what it would normally be on the average shooter if they get that far ... Think about how many shooters have been faced with shootout/shootoff pressures before and then add the pressure of shooting for the biggest prize ever even to those who have been faced with shootoff/shootout situations before many times ... I doubt the $100,000 will have much effect on the attendance but some people will be there just so they can say they watched it happen ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

NO

5. chuckles

chuckles Member

Thanks for asking...I'm going because I can use the extra money, couple of new guns I would like to get into....

Should be fairly easy to pick up that big prize money....

Hope to see you there.

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I'll stay for the shoot-off for the 100M, though I'd be at the shoot anyway.

Neil

7. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

I'd have a better chance at that amount of money if a share of Berkshire Hathaway doubled.

8. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

My prediction to win the $100,000.00 will be a 20 yarder who has been laying in the weeds, just to cash in on an opportunity like this. He or she will probably have shot the minimum handicap targets.
    Steve Balistreri

9. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I plan to go because...... Its the Grand.

I'm having Hernia surgery this weekend and hope I'm healed enough to make the trip.

Also, would love to see the big Shootoff.

I hope everything goes off without a hitch, otherwise these threads will be on fire forever.

Regards.....Gerald

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

NO

The $100k is of no consequence in my decision to attend.

Time, cost, and heat conditions are my considerations - but mostly time and heat.

I wish there was no tradition to the timing of the Grand: and that it would be held in October - but that will never happen. Maybe as I get older the heat will not bother me as much. I see old geezers wearing sweaters and jackets when I am in a golf shirt.

Being a hot blooded stud does have its downside.

Don Verna

11. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

No, too hot and humid. Sparta is too stretched out to be social. So winning a handicap event with my poor ability would be a long shot.

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Not many, if any.

13. al391

al391 TS Member

I'm going, and yes, I'm going to try for the $$$$$. Believe in yourself and it could happen.

14. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

"O" Chance

15. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I'm going becase it's "THE GRAND". The shoot off is just a bonus. I too believe a short yarder will capture the money.

WPT, why would anyone in their right mind think you would even consider visiting Sparta much less shooting the Grand. I'm sure there are those who feel your absence will be bliss.LOL, Jake

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

$100,000 is just frosting on the cake. Looking forward to a great 2 weeks. Getting to meet some old friends and to meet some new ones from TS.com. It's the best of the best and a chance to shoot against them, If you are a true competitor this is it, it just flat doesn't get any better.

For those worried about the heat check the temps thru out the Midwest today and tomorrow, it's all over even in Ohio.

Don

17. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

Nope, just my first chance to go to a Grand and going anyway...

18. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

This will be my first trip to the Grand in Sparta but certainly not because the Martins have made such a generous offer to our sport! My shooting will be limited but the fun and camaraderie there is priceless! Seeing old friends,meeting new ones made right here on TS, it just doesn't get any better than that folks!! BigDon and I may write a book one day on a couple guys that agreed to disagree on certain aspects of our sport and became friends as a result!! I'm truly looking forward to my Grand experience and all it holds for all of us! Thanks too, to the Martins for generating some renewed interest that everyone is babbling over. I haven't yet decided on how I'll spend it though?? Good luck to everyone thats fortunate enough to be able to attend!!

Hap

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Jake,

I'm glad we agree on that ... I am a man of my word and you have my word that I will never attend the Grand in Sparta, I never say never but will make an exception in this case ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

I've heard it a hundred times,If you put up the money,you can make the rules. If the intent was to draw more shooters to Sparta, just think how many more would come if a number or two was drawn at random 1--0 (your score ending in that number)giving many more shooters a chance at the shootout. If they want champions vs champions thats fine. If they want to increase the number of shooters going to Sparta the number system would help. Please,no hostilities,read 1st sentence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.