1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many trapshooters are Freemasons?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bcnu, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Just curious as to how many trapshooters are Freemasons. I recently checked into becoming one and the vote was tonight. Looking forward to the journey. Hopefully it will be a worthwhile experience. To those that are in or have been in, do you have any regrets? John

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

It will be. Some of my best life-long friends have traveled east with me.

Then, of course, there's the Shrine. I think I joined the Shrine when I was 24. Served as Commander of the Air Patrol for couple of years too.

We lost a great man recently, Ikey Starks of Littleton, CO. Ikey was a PGM.

No regrets what-so-ever. My father was a past Potentate as well.

WW

3. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

You will never regret it! J.Woolsey PM. Buffalo Lodge 172

4. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I am one. Chesapeake Lodge #147. Great group of guys.

5. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

A great organization and experience,3rd generation.
    Jim Sims
    Greenleaf #670
    Whittier Cal

6. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

I am so taken by Brothers and Fellows Ashlar#105 Auburn Maine & Webster#164 Wales Maine, Raised in Ashlar most of my friends belong in Webster so thats why I also support their Lodge Ohhh let us not forget Kora Shrine Temple Lewiston Maine, I was raised 35 years ago ! Wishing you all more Light !

7. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I have been a Mason since 1966! Also, I am a member of the Scottish Rite and the York Rite and several appendant bodies of Free Masonry as well.

Some of the appendant bodies include, Red Cross of Constantine, Allied Masonic Degrees, Knights of the York Cross of Honour, Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobels of the Mystic Shrine, Royal Order of Scotland, Holy Royal Arch Knight Templar Priests, etc.

I have never regretted any of the memberships!

Allen

8. Allen Chubb

Allen Chubb Active Member

Ashlar Lodge #570 in Lykens Pennsylvania. In June on Strawberry night it will be my 28th anniversary. I was Chaplain of the lodge during our 100th anniversary in 1987. We now celebrate our 125 anniversary next month, where the Right Worshipful Grand Master of Pennsylvania will be in attendance.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb - President - Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Joined Corinthian Lodge #573 (Millvale Pa.)in 1972. You'll have a friend anywhere you go. Mike.

10. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

You won't regret your decision to join. I was raised in 1968 at Garland, Texas Duck Creek Lodge #1419, and am also an endowed member of Plano, Texas Lodge #768. My Dad, who I lost in 2003, was a Past Master of the Lodge, York Rite mason, KCCH in the Scottish Rite, and a Shriner. He was a certified instructor in Texas and taught me, and many other masons in North Texas, all my masonic work and everything that I know about masonry. I still miss him very much.

11. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Gee, I forgot to mention I was third generation as well....

12. Captain Smoke

Captain Smoke Member

One of the greatest things I have done in life. You will never have any regrets. Trent Payne Fairmount Lodge #635

13. locdoc

locdoc Member

John,

I trust the vote was favorable and that you will be diligent in your search for light. Believing that, and in advance of your degree work, let me just say "welcome to the fraternity".

You will not regret it.

Doug Whiton, Altemont #26, Peterborough, NH

14. Krzyman

Krzyman TS Member

Great organization!! Was Master of Animas #15 in NM in 2001 and my son was Master in 2002.

Patrick Drake Sr.PM

15. shadow

shadow Active Member

Was brought from darkness to light 49 years ago. E.W. Turner lodge 548 Earlington,Ky. Member of Rizpah Shrine Madisonville,Ky since 1975. Past Captain of Provost Guard.

16. Rebe

Rebe TS Member

You will not regret your decision. I am fourth generation mason Newport Lodge #118. It is a wonderful journey...
    Rebe Trickey

17. John 53

John 53 Member

You will get out of Masonry what you are willing to put into it. I am a Past Master and proud to stand beside my brothers in Masonry. Best of luck on your journey.

John Hartline, Jr PM

My dad was a past master in Georgia, and my son is also a Mason.

18. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

I was in the Demolay as a youngster, never petitioned the lodge to get in. I had issues with my father-in-law who was a member so I figured he would keep me out. Still thinking about it... this may be the time. Anyone offer encouragement? I want to know though, why isnt there an Irish Rite? Thanks.

19. BobHoukOregon

BobHoukOregon Member

Far East Lodge #1 - Yokohama, Japan - Since 1964

20. Gun Run

Gun Run Member

John:
    Congratulations on your decision to join the Masons. I have belonged for many years & have met many a fine Brother while traveling the "trapshooting circuit". I am currently the secretary of our Lodge Mt. Zion #211, located in Camden, IN. I truely believe it's made me a better man. Wish I was there to help with your degrees. Wayne Downham / Camden, IN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

past masters of corinthian lodge 573