1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many times do u re-use a win AA hull

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by joe kuhn, Jun 21, 2013.

1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Until is splits, develops holes or looks so dirty it's embarrassing.

2. avery53

avery53 Member

I'm cheap, my 410 and 28 gauge's get used until they no longer hold BB's. lol

3. broadwaybill

broadwaybill Member

NONE!

Fifteen two and a pair is four

Bill

4. Vertas

Vertas TS Member

I shoot them until they split, turn black, and will not crimp, I get my moneys worth out of them

5. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Many, many times.

6. Indyrun

Indyrun Member

The old one-piece red or silver, until you were sick of loading them.

The new shiny ones with the separate base cup, maybe twice before they char and crack.

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Indyrun states the same experience I had. When the lips split open or they get a burn hole or split on the side is when they hit the trash. The new ones do not get reloaded many times before that happens. Some get trashed at first firing, before they ever hit the reloading bench. Even the cheapie black plastic remingtons do a better job than the new AA hulls.

Before they changed, I would willingly pay extra for AA shells because I knew I would be getting good hulls to take home. Now, if they are over a dollar more a box, I leave them in the store. I have to believe that is hurting Winchester's sales volume.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Load them until they get a pin hole in one of the crimps. Then load once more and leave them on the ground. Been doing this for 40 years.

9. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

The old style ones would reload many times--the new HS style not nearly as much. Very brittle and burn holes in them after 2 or 3 times!

10. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

Until they start splitting. My model 12 is tight so when it takes a little extra tug to get them to eject tells me they need to hit the ground.