1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HOW MANY TARGETS?....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yunggun4, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yunggun4

yunggun4 Member

I recently joined the ata. I'm wanting to shoot at the Indiana state shoot and possibly the grand. Just wondering how MANY registered bids I need to shoot beforehand so don't receive a yardage penalty at the big shoots. Thanks

2. Hank55

Hank55 Member

500 singles, 500 handicap and 300 doubles if you are shooting all three groups. If singles only, 500, same for handicap and 300 if doubles only.

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it. The worst you can end up with is gonna be the 20 or 22 yd line depending upon your age or sex. Singles makes no difference either, since at a big shoot you'll need 100 to win anyway. Go enjoy yourself and spend your practice time and money at your favorite club, learning.

all the best...mike

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

23 yardline usually, junior & ladies 20.
    Grand I remember as 25.

Www.shootata.com has all the correct info.

5. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

yunggun -

The information you need is published in the programs for each shoot.

For the Indiana State Shoot, their website is http://www.indianatrap.com/ I scanned the site quickly and didn't see a link to the 2013 shoot program yet, but did find the 2012 program. Generally the requirements don't change from year-to-year. Based on last year's program, you need the following:

Singles - 500 in the current target year, penalty class A

Handicap - 500 in the current target year, penalty 25 yards

Doubles - 300 in the current target year, penalty class A

http://www.indianatrap.com/State%20Shoot%20Programs/2012_Indiana_State.pdf

For the Grand, the program for 2013 is not out yet, but again using last year's info you need the following:

Singles - 1000 in the current target year, penalty 1 or more class advancement

Handicap - 1000 in the current target year, penalty 25 yards

Doubles - 1000 in the current target year, penalty 1 or more class advancement

http://www.shootata.com/pdfs/programs/2012_Grand_Program_web.pdf

Follow the links to last year's programs and take a read thru, it will give you a lot of good information about each of the shoots.

Scott

6. Jason B

Jason B Member

Yunggun4- what Scott provided for Indiana 2013 State Shoot is correct for minimum targets and penalty class/yardage. Also at the IN State Shoot, targets shot on Tuesday ("Fun Day", July 9th) can count towards target requirements, just need to be reclassified after that day if you are able to then meet the requirements to avoid penalty.

Working on getting the 2013 program finished up and ready for print, will have it out ASAP.
    Jason Barnett
    ITA BOD

7. yunggun4

yunggun4 Member

Thanks for all your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how many targets in trap shooting

how many trap targets required for state shoot