1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many shotgun shells can go on Plane

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

How many boxes of shells can be put in luggage on airplane, Southwest airlines to LasVegas? I heard 11 pounds of shells, can a flat be sent with luggage?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Good question, I was wondering the same thing.
    Don

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Call the airline or go to their web site. I think its less then 150 rounds. In the factory box and in a hard case.

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

It depends on the air line. You need to declare it and it is left to each air line to say how much

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Hardly worth the trouble?

6. RickA

RickA Member

There's actually no trouble at all and last I knew most all airlines were 11 pounds.Put it in a lockable ammo box in you luggage declare it and your on your way.
    Rick

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Don Renner I found out it is 11 pounds, how much do 4 boxes of shells weigh?
    If I can only take 4 boxes it is not worth the trouble.

Gary

8. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

I've done it, back in the good old days, before you had to declare everything! Trust me, it's not worth the hassle! By the time you pack them, carry to the terminal, from the terminal to your rental car, you'll wish you had left them at home! You will only save maybe $10 a flat, if that! Buy at the club or Wally-World when you get there. If you can't afford an extra $20 or $30 for shells you probably can't afford to go in the first place! LOL

9. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

The 11# limit is an airline regulation, not TSA. Makes no sense at all for shotgunners, 11# of 22s could start a revolution, 4 boxes of 12 ga. ain't worth the trouble & weight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.