1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many shoots will you make in a year?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Steer Tripper, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steer Tripper

Steer Tripper TS Member

Just wonder how many and what type of shoots you will try and make next year?

Will you try and make all your Zone shoots and your State shoot?

Will you try and make any out of state shoots?

I am planning on going to the Autumn Grand. Then the next big shoot will be the Southwestern Grand.

David

2. Steer Tripper

Steer Tripper TS Member

MIA and Jerry,
    I am about like you, shot just over 2000 rds each in singles,hdcp and doubles this year. Just started shooting in 2007. I am having a great time and am enjoying competing.
    Used to rope and rodeo a little but don't want to but out the effort to be competitive. I could only compete in the senior class.LOL

In Texas we have 5 Zones and the the State shoot.

Thanks and shoot straight.
    David

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

David- I have always admired rodeo competitors. Most on this site will not recognize what a tough sport that is. Rodeo also pays about the same as trapshooting, but most trap shooters do not have a personal relationship with an orthopedic surgeon.

I shoot all I can. I enjoy small one day shoots with 15 shooters and large events. I live in Virginia and I shoot from Ohio to Florida. I get around 15,000 registered birds a year. If I ever get to retire, I will shoot more.

Pat Ireland

4. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I made 19 registered shoots this year and shot 10,600 birds. (3 of the shoots should have counted toward next year but didn't because of ATA's screw-up extending this shooting year)
    Most were local shoots along with every shoot a Mason, but I did make the Southern Grand along with a nice shoot at Sarasota.
    If things don't go farther down the toilet next year with the economy and election results, I hope to do about the same. We do like to schedule our annual trip to Florida around a couple of shoots but that could be the only major change that I can foresee. It's nice to see gas prices falling along with shells and lead, these could offset the pain a little.

5. Steer Tripper

Steer Tripper TS Member

Pat,
    Trapshooting is the closes thing to rodeo that I have found.

I have broken my leg twice and my arm once. Have broken my nose in three different places but since I met my wife I don't go into them places anymore.LOL

David

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I sure agree........in many ways Trapshooting is a LOT like Rodeo. On a really GOOD day you might get half your money back. LOL

John C. Saubak

7. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

33 shoots and 6000 targets last year. 7 different clubs.

Hope to register more next year, and hit the NV PITA/ATA State shoots for the first time.

Living in Reno there are several Northern California clubs nearby, I hope to shoot a few new clubs next year.

Jim

8. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Winter chain shoots, local club shoots, CA State Shoot and about 1/2 the other clubs ATA shoots within 100 miles of Kingsburg Ca.

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

30+ locally.

My state, my zone, adjacent state shoots and the Fla. State Shoot in March and the Cardinal Center in August.

Maybe more, who knows.

Curt - Delaware

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

This depends on the bowling tournaments and car show schedules ... I won't know till it happens in most cases but I will get some shooting in ... I will probably never shoot as mush as I once did but I have many other interests in life now ... I have to shoot up all of those shells I have stashed in my garage so I have more room to stash other things ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

WPT if you need help getting rid of ammo. Ill be happy to take some of your hands.Say what $10 a case?

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Sure, you want them for what I paid for the, right ..? lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. Rusty Razor

Rusty Razor Member

16 shoots 6300 targets; home club changed from 2 day shoots to 1 day shoots lost 1500 targets right there. 9 different clubs 9 good clubs. hope to do more next year. Jim Henry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.