1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How Many Shootoffs for You?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Cherokee Kid, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

So there is this other thread about eliminating shootoffs. Lots of big talk about "I came to shoot" yada, yada. Well, how many shootoffs have you been in the last 12 months? How many shootoffs did you avoid by carryover? How many did you forfeit? How many did you settle by coin flip or by splitting a cash prize?

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I did enter one doubles shoot off at the Southern Grand. I have flipped for around 2-4 at small clubs. I forfeited one at the NC State Shoot and one at the Dixie Grand. I am pleased that I have a choice.

Pat Ireland

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Cherokee Kid, in answer to your questions in order, four, none, none, none and none. One shooter that I tied with kinda wanted me to agree to a coin flip. I said that I came here to shoot, not gamble.

Nothing like a shoot off to get ya pumped up!!

4. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

About four in the last 12 mo. Won 3 lost 1. Did two coin flips (a the request of the other guys. One was an older gentelman who was all in from the heat, and the other guy couldn't stay due to commitments elsewhere. Would have prefered to shoot off. Before that my last shoot off was a couple of years ago which I lost(to my wife). Told her if I knew she was going to beat me, I would not have put as much shot in her shells!

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I won my first trophy in a 25 bird shootoff. I believe I was 17 or 18 at the time Quite exciting, especially for the first time. Many years later I wasn't able to shoot the next day in a carry-over shootoff, I think it was the central zone shoot last year. Disappointing as I couldn't compete for trophy. Flipped a coin at Gainesville, Fla. and won for class. Rode my motorcycle from DAytona and didn't bring enough shells for a shootoff anyway. Was for bragging rights only....wouldn't have made the club supply shootoff targets anyway! There's a big difference in attitudes/thoughts when you've spent as many years on the other side of the counter as I have.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. 682LINY

682LINY Member

not enough,,,,but I have never missed a shoot off target,,,yes I won

7. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Two, in trap. 1-1. Beat 4 guys for a 16 yard race. Ten minutes latter lost to a 14 year old girl in the caps. Love this game.

Too many in skeet. Never a coin flip or default. Love shootoffs.

8. gotbass

gotbass Member

Never been invited. Just lucky to win by myself.

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Five and One at this writing.

I always want to shoot for it....whatever it is.

10. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

This past year. I have split pots at least 5 times; shoot offs = 3 [won 2]; coin flips 1 [won]; no carry overs. The shoot off I remember most and lost was to a 15 year old kid... damn he could shoot. Fred

11. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

3 - 0 - 1 - 0

Should have been in a couple more but the program stated ties divide.

hubcap

12. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

I'm surprised there are so many posts about eliminating shootoffs. Looks like most people here never get in them anyway.

13. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

4 shootoffs, and shot them all.

14. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

April 06 to April 07,

3 2w 1L, Carry Over O Wins do many loses, I have flipped a couple of times and forfitted more!

Rather win or loose shooting, Shoot off #1 Carry Over 2 all others &&^$&((

Al

15. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Haven't been in any shootoffs.....yet. I have watched with great excitement those shootoffs that I knew one of the shooters. If time and expense are not an issue, (unfortunately they are becoming BIG issues) I enjoy them even though I haven't actively participated.

I would bet that all of those wanting to eliminate the shootoffs, if they were in the running, at a Major shoot, (regional Grand or Grand American) would want to shoot instead of a coin flip.

16. gsdesign46

gsdesign46 Member

I was in 3 shootoffs last week at the Grand Pacific. Won 2, lost 1. This was my first big shoot, so I was pretty happy.

Greg

17. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

One so far - I shot it and won. I will always opt to shoot; coin tosses don't have anything to do with a person's ability to shoot. JMHO.

18. calilori

calilori TS Member

I'm still pretty new at this sport so I've only had the opportunity to be in one shoot off and I won it. We did have the option of a carry over, but my opponent wasn't coming back the following day. A shoot off really is the only fair to do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.