1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many shooters does TS.COM have????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

How many active shooters follow TS.COM ??? Does anyone have that information..If I'm speaking for this group.. just how big is the group??? Thanks.. Mike

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Mike,

There was a thread not too long ago collecting data on how many here were ATA members... that may be a starting point.

Guy

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Do you mean registered, in the average book, target shooters or just shooters?

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

There are 44 all the rest of the names belong to multiple name users. Bulge.

5. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

It depends on what they are trying to shoot.

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

One post has 5,600 views which may translate to shooters. However no doubt there are multiple conversational hits etc. The post had to do with PFS stocks.

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Mike: I think if you could get them, the numbers would be surprisingly low but as compared to what. 44 is not the number as you and I know that many on here without working at it.

If I had to bet I would say that over 50% were not "trapshooters". They are on here because no other shooting thread enjoys this popularity. Some are trying to hijack the site for their particular sport i.e. sporting, skeet, bunker, rifle etc. Some are on just to sell items, look at the idiot who listed 10 or 15 items individually. More deals gone bad than ever before.

As the saying goes "It isn't like it use to be in the good old days". To many bullshit artists.

Don

8. APrice

APrice Active Member

The problem with nailing this one down is that almost all of us consider ourselves "trapshooters" or "shooters", but also believe that most of the other posters are somehow unworthy, ergo Don's post above.

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

APrice, good statement albeit a "Better than thou" attitude. I guess what would be appropriate is a definition of a trapshooter. Is it someone like myself that once shot a lot a trap, and now only shoots occasionally, or is it someone like Pat Ireland that seems to compete quite a bit. My idea is if you enjoy the game and just shoot occasionally or even had to give up the sport because of health. wealth, or other reasons, it doesn't matter. What we all seem to share is the sport itself. Bulge.

10. RJ

RJ TS Member

I'm not registered but when I can get back in the grove with my shooting because I have been away from it for many years I'll register. I am getting closer each timt I am able to shoot. Things are looking better with my shooting. I have found the grove and I'll loose it now and then because of my health situation. When It gets more consistant I'll dive right in again. But besides my health kind of holding me back money is a little tight for us right now. When it gets loose and my health permits as I said I'll dive right in. I consider myself as a trapshooter. (Rich.inAz.orinnameonly)

11. ROGER A.

ROGER A. TS Member

2010 Target year, shot 11,450 ATA and a few hundred PITA targets

12. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

There are 3,452 shooters on this site!

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

The question is How many shooters does TS.COM have???? First you must define shooters. Almost all that come here are shooters, not necessarily a Trapshooter but a shooter of some kind.

Every time I am working a shoot on the classification or squadding desk. There are always comments on one thread or another on this site. They aren't commenting on line they all have an opinion at the shoots.

So now I will ask when we say how many shooters do we "have" how is that meant actively contributing or just here getting information and news they can't get anywhere else????

I think there are many more than anyone realizes there are.

Bob Lawless

14. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Bob Lawless, pretty much the statement I made. Shooters must be defined. I do agree with your statement, there are a lot more than we realize.

Bruce, did you use fingers and toes to come up with that number? LOL.

Bulge.

15. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Do trigger pullers count Bulger?? :)

16. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Bob, depend on whose trigger they are pulling. Bulge.

17. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

One post has 5,600 views which may translate to shooters. However no doubt there are multiple conversational hits etc. The post had to do with PFS stocks.

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Mike: I think if you could get them, the numbers would be surprisingly low but as compared to what. 44 is not the number as you and I know that many on here without working at it.

If I had to bet I would say that over 50% were not "trapshooters". They are on here because no other shooting thread enjoys this popularity. Some are trying to hijack the site for their particular sport i.e. sporting, skeet, bunker, rifle etc. Some are on just to sell items, look at the idiot who listed 10 or 15 items individually. More deals gone bad than ever before.

As the saying goes "It isn't like it use to be in the good old days". To many bullshit artists.

Don

19. APrice

APrice Active Member

The problem with nailing this one down is that almost all of us consider ourselves "trapshooters" or "shooters", but also believe that most of the other posters are somehow unworthy, ergo Don's post above.

20. Barrelbulge(Fl)

APrice, good statement albeit a "Better than thou" attitude. I guess what would be appropriate is a definition of a trapshooter. Is it someone like myself that once shot a lot a trap, and now only shoots occasionally, or is it someone like Pat Ireland that seems to compete quite a bit. My idea is if you enjoy the game and just shoot occasionally or even had to give up the sport because of health. wealth, or other reasons, it doesn't matter. What we all seem to share is the sport itself. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.