1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many shells have you put thru your gun?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I know it depends on the gun because they are all different, I have a Winchester 1200 trap that I has about 4000 rounds thru it, It appears in good shape with just bluing wear at the normal places for a pump. My question is, Is that gun Just getting broke in or should I expect things to start going bad? I only shoot trap Loads thru it and take care of it well. Thanks

2. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

I have a 2.5 year old Kolar that has "only" about 50K rounds thru it.

3. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I put 13,400 reloads plus about another 5000 factory loads through mine last year.

4. clyslr

clyslr Member

I have a Ljutic I've shot since 1994 and it has approx 140K. A Beretta with 60K, and another Beretta with 48K.

ClaySlayer

5. perga1

perga1 Active Member

18 years with a Perazzi and well over 300,000 rounds and still going strong. Just bought a Cole from PerazziBigBore. I don't want to get in a rut shooting the same gun all the time. JRM

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I have one that has at least 150,000 rounds through it. That would be my 3200 Trap. I've owned it since new and it still comes back for more. My Remington 1100 Classic has about 80,000 that I shot and whatever the previous owner did. I'd say maybe 100,000 total. It was well used when I got it. It has had many parts replaced and it has been overhauled many times. I give it a very thorough going over at least 4 times a year, replacing springs, forend support, etc. The O ring gets changed out almost every cleaning. I have a tendency to neglect it as well. It's gone almost 1200 rounds since the last cleaning. My old Winchester 1400 has gone only about 5000 rounds. I have a bunch of spare parts for it, but with my luck I will break the parts I don't have. If anyone has a decent 1400 for sale with a vent rib, I might be interested, parts gun or not.

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I don't know the exact number of shells I have put threw my shotgun. But dollar wise it is probably equal to a 40 acre field.

8. NU2Shooting1027

NU2Shooting1027 TS Member

Right now I shoot my Beretta Xtrema 2 (field gun) for trap while I'm saving for a dedicated trap gun. Had it since Jan. this year and have 4000 rounds through it. Should have my "trap" gun hopefully sometime in May but will still put atleast 200 rounds a month through the Xtrema in practice rounds so that I stay proficent with it for hunting season.

Allan

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Figuring on 32K rounds to the ton of shot with one ounce loads, about 1/4 million rounds through my K-80. Two annuals at Krieghoff Intl', no broken parts, no problems, finally about broken in.

Probably more, since the majority of my loads have long been 7/8 ouncers, and I have tubes for Skeet.

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Counting all my guns, I could most likely buy a really nice house and I am only 44 years old!

Ronbo

11. KaboK80

KaboK80 TS Member

I have been shooting the same K-80 for the last 18 years. As near as I can figure I have put more than 500,000 threw it. Very few problems with it over the years. I hope to put another 500,000 threw it before my career over and then hand it down to the next generation.

Robert Malmstedt

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Ljutic Mono for 20+ years 300,000+ rounds have passed down the barrel. But, that's only a guess. I have never changed a part other than installing a release trigger in the gun about 3 months ago. That took about 3 minutes. I do clean it once in a while. Maybe every 5000 rounds or so.

13. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

My old BT-99 that I bought used, about 30K, my new one 2K, no problems at all.

14. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

Mine, Winchester Diamond Grade Combo, aprox. 45K through it. Main problems, firing pins, and ejector mechanisms in forearm. I know a guy who has a Ljutic with about 500K registered through it, not including practice. Sent it to Ljutic for the first time to get over-hauled because of coming open while shooting. Just plain worn out. Still shoots it today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.