1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many shells can you get

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by John 53, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John 53

John 53 Member

A mathmetician will breeze through this, but I haven't a clue how to figure it. I hope some of you math whizs can help me out.

If you are droping 19.2 grains of 700X, how many shells will you get from a pound?

Thanks, guys.

John

2. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

divide 7000 by 19.2 and you get 364 shells per pound but subtract a few for the grains that sift out of the charge bar.

3. John 53

John 53 Member

Thanks, Stan.

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

You can also use the reloading calculator (s) from the home page. Helps balance out the larger bulk buys.

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

25 to a box

6. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

In what educational system is someone considered a "math whiz" when they can do division?

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

Scary isn't it?

Don Verna

8. John 53

John 53 Member

This was going to be a PM, but since Scott has his PM turned off, I will publish it. Sorry if I offend anyone but Scott.

Well Scott,

I would say it would be one where one has the knowledge to know there are 7000 grains in a pound. I had no idea, and asked for help. Personally, I am working in the heat and air profession, and it does not require me to keep up with mathmatical conversions of that type.

I know you must be a genius, and keep all that info in your head, but at my age, I REALLY don't mind asking a question, and getting help from folks that are nice enough to help out those of us that need it.

At the same time, when questions are asked that I can help out with, I try not to be a smart a** like you, and give the person a helping hand.

John

9. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, Before you all crap yourself being critical, did youn ever think not everybody knows there are 7000 grains in a pound? It has been a long winter but PLEASE lighten up. Bill

10. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Just a word in Scotts defense . He is not a Smart A$$ No one ever said he was Smart .

11. scott calhoun

Alf -

I may not be smart, but I am math whiz!

Scott

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

And to all, a good night. HMB

13. scott calhoun

Some of you guys sure are wound pretty tight!

John - if you re-read your original post, it doesn't say that you need to know how many grains are in a pound, your post indicates that you have a mathmatical problem. I'm also not sure what your profession has to do with knowing the number of grains in a pound. It seemed logical to me that anyone who actively reloaded would know how many grains are in a pound, regardless of their profession. I'd bet that nobody in my profession knows how many grains are in a pound either, unless they were also a shooter that reloaded ammunition.

Sorry if I offended you or anyone else - it was just a joke.

Scott

14. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I,m still alittle upset .

ALF

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

Gary- The conversion site you posted is good, but incomplete. I tried it to convert a "smoke" to yards and it wouldn't work. A "smoke" is the distance traveled on a Mule while smoking one cigarette. Few surveyors and cartographers use it anymore.

Pat Ireland

16. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

437.5 grains per ounce now you can do what ever math you need.....Don

17. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Next time Scott just do what the proclaimed experts do Google "grains in a pound" the rest is easy.

Rock

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.