1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many rounds will it take to win the $100K?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bigdogtx, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

So how many rounds will it take? Seems like I remember and another gentleman shooting HUNDREDS in a single competetion and finally deciding on Co-Champion. I wonder if we will see something like this?

2. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

I wonder what kind of shoes would the winner wear.
    Who gets to shoot for it?
    7 1/2 or 8s?
    What kind of glasses will the winner use?
    geezzzzzzz, give it a rest !

3. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Two very good ones, one to qualify as a preliminary winner, one very good (as 100 straight) for the win. And of course two of any level just so it makes a total of four Handicap rounds shot. I feel some of you will be really suprised at the outcome. I'm betting it's no 27 yd. shooter that gets it done. Donnie Thornton might come out of retirement, lot of money will pull in a lot of "Well Managed Shooters" Time will tell. J.W.

After reading another post on the rules for the "Event", "Shootout" "Shootoff" or whatever it is to be called, I must concur that it probably will be a 27 yd. shooter. Get em Bob Munson or Phil Kiner.

4. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

2001: Do you think that the winner is going to give up any endorsement opportunities whether they're true or not???

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

It could end with one round also, 25 targets? Depends on what or if Mother Nature wants to do to the sailing clays, that could play a major part too.

Hap

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

"I wonder what kind of shoes would the winner wear. Who gets to shoot for it? 7 1/2 or 8s? What kind of glasses will the winner use? geezzzzzzz, give it a rest !"

There was no question what the post was about,,,,why do you feel the need to open it???

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I think the winner has HUGE endorsement chances.. I can see it already.. "With $100,000 dollars on the line.. I choose XXXX shells.. They give me the competetive edge..." The endorsement could yield more money than the prize.. and don't leave out the gun he shoots either..or glasses.. or recoil pad..

8. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Maybe it should be "miss and out"...would help add to the excitement. Regards, Ed

9. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I suspect it will be decided by one round. One shooter connects; one shooter does not.

10. acre44

acre44 Member

I have been using the "target management" plan to stay on the 20 yard line, which is where I will be shooting from come the Grand. Don't worry I have shot one 98 from that yardage in practice, mixed with the 99's and 100's. Good Luck.

Ned.

11. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

@ Ned you better be kidding

12. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

bigdogtx - the endless shootoffs you mention were 16 yard singles - not handicap. Stats show that running a 100 is handicap is not easy in the first place and with money and prestige on the line - my guess is less than 4 rounds, probably 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.