1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many rounds does it take......?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Once the winter weather breaks, how many rounds does it take for y'all to get back in the rhythem of things and shooting well? For me it seems to take about 4 weeks to really get back into the swing of things.

ss

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Usually a couple of weeks of practice and a few Registered shoots. I'm not that good to start with but i'm usually at my average by then.

Matt

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I have such poor mechanics when shooting in cold weather that it really takes me a bit to shed them off. I wished I lived in a warmer climate at times.

ss

4. Scootermac50

Scootermac50 Active Member

So its not just me that stinks it up in the winter months? I have been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out what the heck I am doing wrong.

5. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Hey S.S.,im inna same boat,when I get just my tee shirt on with my vest things start to get betta.Not good but betta.I have to pratice three nights a week before I start shooting registered targets.I will have to keep that routine up for the summer or my scores will show it.Things arn't like they use to be for me but thats life I guess.

Sandy Holehouse.

6. kd185

kd185 Member

i shot almost every weekend here in the north east
    i would go crazy if i put the rifles away in sept and waited til april to take them out
    but i do notice my scores go down in the winter league
    maybe its from all the extra cloths we have to wear to stand out there in 15 degree weather

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I shoot all winter, but nearly as clean as I do when it warms up. Between my shooting coat and the cold I'm really not as good as when it's warm and I'm shooting in a T shirt.

I generally shorten my gun up 1/4" (thinner recoil pad), but I just don't swing a gun very clean when it's cold.

I may just need to start wintering in the Tuscon area?

ss

8. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

What's a little snow??

trapdady_2008_030318.jpg

Saturday wasn't that bad.

9. motowheelguy

motowheelguy TS Member

I'm work'n on it right now,300 rounds and still rusty. I'm buzy shoot'n Waterfowl from Oct-Jan. Eyes a little slow, a few 100 more and I should be good to go! The snow has just been never ending here in So. Cal....LoL.

Aaron Holguin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.