1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many rounds before your first 25 stright.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ark1stclass, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ark1stclass

ark1stclass TS Member

Hi all I have been lurking for a while and like most of what I see.

My question is about how many rounds did you shoot before you shot your first 25 stright?

Why I am asking is my 15 y/o son shot his first last week, last year was his first year, as of now he has shot about 30 rounds, he gets to shoot 1 or 2 rounds a week, and after putting a pad on his gun to raise the comb he has hit a 14, 19, 21, 23, 21, 21, 25.
    I did spring for 1 hour (split with another person) last year.

We are an hour from a gun club or shooting range, all we have is the one at the school that we can only get to once a week.

Do I give him the oppertunity to go to other shoots or stick with the school.

This and my best is a whoppin 12! LOL

2. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I guess I was lucky, on the very first squad I shot, in the Heart of Maryland League 3 yrs ago, I ran the 16's. it was my 1st time ever shooting in Trap Competition.

Oscar

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

More than I want to admit to. But it was probably a couple years. Ross Puls

4. windyflat

windyflat Member

Took me two years... I started right handed one eye then switched to lefty two eyed then the straights started coming.

5. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

I was young and it seemed like forever. Total number I don't remember but I do remember I broke 25 and so did Dad That was a good day!

6. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

It took me 4 weeks, I think I shot 2-3 rounds a week so lets say 10-12 rounds.

7. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

My second round..........my first was a 22.............

Now I suck.........go figure.............Double Yuk

D.P.Reynolds

8. SouthMetro Shooter

SouthMetro Shooter TS Member

Two weeks, fourth round. Now i get them regularly. Still haven't got the 50 though. After a year of shooting.

9. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Way too, too, too many!!!

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Thank you Ross and Chango!

I shot many, many practice rounds before the planets aligned and I managed to hold it all together and get 25... 30 rounds?! Good for him... he obviously has skills...

Best wishes for his shooting success!

Jay

11. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

nine months shooting 2 days a week 4 rounds per trip to the range. Now they come all the time an I only shoot 2 rounds a week.

Jerry Lewis

12. dhip

dhip Active Member

10 months into my first year.LMAO,,still looking to repeat..or first fifty.3rd year shooting.

Doug H.

13. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

I took my teenage son some 35 miles to a little town where two experienced trap shooters were giving lessons: The first night, one of them said "You are driving all the way up here, you just as well take the lessons too."
    So, I did. I borrowed a trap gun from a friend, and took the lessons with a Model 101 that kicked the hell out of me (What did I know)

The FIRST time we shot at 25 targets with a machine oscillating, I broke them all. Yes, I ran-em the first time. Of course the instructors said "My golly, Sam, you could win the State Trap Shoot!" Sure......every one of you old timers knows the rest, that along with that thrill came the bad news........it was the most expensive fun thing I have ever done, and it has cost me thousands of dollars. lots of trap guns, and just today, here I am in my basement, loading shells.
    Well, it's back to the old 366.
    Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

14. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

It took me quite a few rounds. I had more 24's than you could shake a stick at but for some reason I could not get a 25. Then, one day at an ATA registered shoot I was on my last field. Before you knew it, I was 20 straight. Then, before you knew it, I was 24 straight. My heart rate was way high, my mouth felt as dry as a dessert. I called for the bird and everthing was in slow motion. The bird looked like an aspirin tablet shot from a .22. I shot and what seemed like minutes later the bird broke into three pieces. Finally!!

Fortunately, 50's 75's and even a few 100's followed shortly after.

15. BobHoukOregon

BobHoukOregon Member

16. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Many.....

17. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

4 weeks & approx. 500 targets.

18. Dr A C Jones

Dr A C Jones Member

One. I was trying a trap gun for the first time and did a 17 or so and exclaimed something to the effect the gun was rubbish, too heavy, didn't fit etc. The seller persuaded me to have another go and I straighted a round - using 24-gram cheapo shells too. I bought the gun.

Andrew.

19. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

How many times do you have a 24 straight and miss the last one? It has happened to me several times

20. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

took me over 30 years. but still alot of fun

LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.