1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many reloads are enough?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shootrman, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

When its raining out or maybe nothing interesting of TV, off to the Man-Cave I go.
    Turn on some tunes and start to reload. The last year or so my shooting has come to a slow crawl because of a back injury so I have stock piled quite a stash. Today I looked around and laughed to myself. Seriously, how much is enough. I think if the media would hear my numbers I would be classified as a terrorist. I'd like to hear your numbers you have in reloads. I know a few are going to say, you never have enough.
    I have 3 loaders and three loads I stay with:
    Ounce loads in Federal top gun hulls
    1 1/8 in Estate hulls. AND
    Crow Loads 1 1/4 in Gun Clubs
    This so I don't mix em up

2. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

I do the same on rainy days and in the evening. Summer shooting does put a hurt to my stash but there is plenty of time to replenish in the Minnesota winters. Can't say I save any money, but I do shoot a lot more than if I were buying new ammo.

3. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

I'm not hearing any numbers! I have a lot and want to compare. Maybe my stash isn't a lot compared to some

4. Schoolcop

Schoolcop Active Member

I've got a little over 5000 rounds. I don't really feel that's very much.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

One guy on this forum claimed to load 10,000 in just one day only stopping for pee breaks. Claimed it was done on a 366. Of course he was full of bovine excrement.

Personally I would keep my ammunition supplies confidential. I have a sufficient amount to do what I want.

6. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Whortle; read my post: I don't want to be labeled a terrorist!
    Lets just say I have enough to shoot this week....giggle

7. Greg LV

Greg LV Member

Never run out of ammo so one can never have too many reloads LOL.

8. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Just curious, how many flats come on a pallet?

9. perezal

perezal Member

So far I have 1,000 rounds and still reloading.

10. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

I quit counting a long time ago. I tore many apart and reloaded the shot & primer (didn't know what they were) Still have many to go. Told my wife to marry a trapshooter when I'm gone. Maybe he can shoot some of this stuff up?

Clyde

11. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

CACTUS, now that's what I'm talking about. I think I'm pretty much in that ball park. A number of years ago a group of guys (that I didn't know well) wanted to go together and buy in bulk. I volunteered to go and said I'll pay for it and we'd split it later. Unfortunately, I got stuck with everything. But the good part now is, everything is hard to get and I think I am golden for quite some time.

12. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I only have about 20 flats loaded but have everything needed to load 25,000 more rounds. I do shoot all four gauges and shoot a 410 most of all. I shoot primarily five stand with 21 for my best score yesterday with the 410. It's supposed to rain here today so will turn on the a/c in the shop and load em up. Jackie B.

13. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

If you aren't shooting them then you probably don't need to keep loading.

I like to have at least 20 flats of target ammo on hand and given the difficulties we are having getting anything ammo related, 50+ flats isn't a bad idea.

This assumes that you will actually shoot the ammo up at some point. If there is a chance you are going to quit target shooting then you stash of components will be worth more if you don't assemble it into ammo. People generally don't like to buy reloads.