1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HOW MANY OF YOU SHOOT SKB'S

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Titan Trap Team, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team Member

HOW MANY OF YOU SHOOT SKB

Just curious of how many on this forum shoot SKB'S

Mark Richards - 85TSS Combo

Nick Richards - 85TSS Combo & 85TSS Sporting

Thats two

I am also a coach for the Papillion LaVista Jr. & Sr. High School Trap Teams, last year we had 108 kids on our team, there are another 18 SKB shooters on our team, that now makes Twenty.

2. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I owned 2 and sold them both.

3. Robert Long

Robert Long Member

I shoot one!!

4. tatersaled

tatersaled TS Member

My son and I shoot SKB's and I just got a new GC7 top single this morning. I'm sure it will replace my BT99.
    Thanks Erwin.

5. al3526

al3526 TS Member

I shoot one and like it. the weak link in the equation is def me. Great for the money

6. dodge ram

dodge ram Member

i do have for 5 years

7. hdskip

hdskip Member

Got 2 side by sides I hunt with and a 505 trap combo,a 605 sporting and a 28 ga. 500. Been shooting some of them for them for 30 years. got no complaints.

8. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I had an 85TSS Combo and loved it. It had a release trigger in it, it fit me well and i won the Class B 200 Singles at the Florida State Shoot with it in 2008.

But, it didn't love me.

In every major shoot, the trigger would break. A trigger spring, a piece off the trigger, something in there would break. And, to add insult to injury, not a drop out trigger. I spent too much time at the make-up trap.

Always fixed immediately by Glen at the Dollar, and never cost me a penny but, EVERY shoot?

Now i have a Perazzi, I've moved up in Class, and haven't looked back.

Bob

9. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

HOW MANY OF YOU SHOOT SKB

I have a 685 sporting clays model I have had since they discontinued the model.
    Also have owned a 685 trap combo, and a 20 gauge skeet model.
    Lots of gun for the money

10. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Model 700 Trap from 1975, my first o/u

Model 500 410

Model 100 SxS

I like them well enough

11. 5spd

5spd TS Member

85TSS combo here.

12. smp005

smp005 Member

My son shoots an 85TSS Combo. He did break a firing pin spring at the Great Lakes Grand - one event before we were planning to replace it.

I have no complaints and he loves it - he used it to win the Great Lakes Grand Jr Handicap Champion..

You just have to keep up on the firing pin springs..

Dad's happy he likes it and shoots it well - I shoot a Perazzi and he can as well - when he can afford to buy it himself!

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I have an 85TSS combo and a new GC-7 unsingle combo..don't need two so I will be selling one...the latest one with the nice wood will last me forever...figured to keep the older gun for a spare but its not been needed....anybody want to buy a nice combo for 2000 plus shipping

14. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

My zz bird gun is a fully tricked out model 100.. I've been waiting for something to break...Has not happened yet.. Damn is it fast.. Not pretty.. just fast.. Ballistic Specialties did the barrels and screw chokes..

15. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

I have the 85tss unsingle combo love it

16. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

I own a 85TSS 32/34 combo that I have had for nearly four years. I also own two other 85TSS in .410 and 28 gauge. I have had the 32" o/u set from the combo sub-gauge tubed with Briley ultimate ultralites and had mechanical triggers installed by SKB and use it now primarily for skeet. I have shot approximately 30 to 35 thousand shells through the combo. It is still very tight fitting and it shoots great when I shoot great. I think that Straightshooter should probably have sent his gun to SKB if his gunsmith couldn't fix it right. But, it does sound to me, like he got his moneies worth for what he was charged. I had a hammer spring break in the upper barrel on one of our coldest days last year. The gun was out of warranty for over two years but SKB fixed it for free and upraded the parts in my receiver, all for no charge. I believe they call that real customer service. If an SKB feels good in your hands and fits you well, you can't go wrong. You'll not find a gun with all the features that an can SKB offer for a better price.
    Neil Swenson
    Omaha, Nebraska

17. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Had a 85TSS Combo but found I didn't need the un-single barrel. Sold the combo and bought a new 85TSS Sporting with 32" barrels and up-graded wood for all-around O/U shooting. LOVE IT! Absolutely the best bang-for-the-buck gun available IMHO!

AndyH ;-)

18. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Had a mod 500 with 26"barrels for skeet...waaaaay fast, a 200E SxS that was grim reaper on the rabbits and pigeons, and still have a 500 trap for rainy days or days when I just don't feel like putting in 100% and don't want to offend my Perazzi.No problems with any of the guns, but I was no high-volume shooter either. Cheers-Graham.

19. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Neil,

Glen is SKB's gunsmith. That's why there was no charge.

Bob

20. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Bob,
    I was not trying to offend either you or your gunsmith. But your statement of "at every major shoot the trigger would break", makes it seem like your guns' trigger broke many times. How many major shoots did the guns' trigger break at? I am fairly confident the the gunsmith currently at SKB here in Omaha would have taken care of the problem to your liking, most likely, the first time. I really have not heard of any firearm or really anything that has moving parts that will not eventually have some type of mechanical problem. If you shoot your gun alot you will have to have some repair done someday, whether it cost you $1000 or $50,000, or whatever name it has stamped or engraved on it. I am sorry that you had such a troublesome gun. I hope that your new gun is treating you better.
    Neil Swenson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
skb 605 trap review

skb 85tss 28ga review

skb 85tss combo review

skb 85tss review

skb 885 shotgun review

skb shotgun 885 combo

skb shotgun reviews

skb trap gun stock is broken