1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of you ordered the A10?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steve W, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Just wondering how many of you have ordered the A10 from CSMC?

What did you order? Standard or $1000 extra for the laser engraving?

I couldn't made up my mind which one to order. Need a little "reasoning". :)

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Not me!

I don't have a runway or hangar to store and A10!

Steve W thanked this.
  3. EE

EE Banned User Banned

I ordered one, but they wouldn't ship it with the depleted uranium armor piercing ammo for the 30mm chain gun, so I cancelled the order.

EE

Steve W thanked this.
  4. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

Its on my short list to be my next O/U. I'm not made of money and this will be a shooter so I have to at least know the handling characteristics before I purchase one. I prefer to shoot a lively gun like a Perazzi or Beretta and don't shoot guns like the K gun and Browning well.

Steve W thanked this.
  5. twotimer

twotimer Member

I ordered one a couple of months ago. Probably be a few more before I get it. I got the fancy one with the exhibition wood. Figured the money saved on the big discounts should be dumped back into the gun! Mike

Steve W thanked this.
  6. EE

EE Banned User Banned

And this is A10.

7. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I ordered the deluxe with exhibition wood, English straight stock and sporting forend. Since I have SR# 110 in my RBL, requested the same # on the A-10, and since it's an early order, and paid in full, there's high hopes Tony will honor my request. It should raise an eyebrow or two on the sporting clays field, as does the RBL. It still makes me smile.....mike

Steve W thanked this.
  8. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

This just reinforces what a great deal esetter's SO4 was!

Steve W thanked this.
  9. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I don't guess you would appreciate us calling it a "Wart-hog"? Maybe "Thunderbolt"? AJ

10. autogun

autogun Member

I did. 12 deluxe, 32", pistol, target forend, 3x wood. Think that covers the choices. Wish I could get some cast off w/o incurring the custom shop charge.

Steve W thanked this.
  11. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

Who makes this gun, where, and how much $$$??

Thanks

Larry

12. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

Ooops, never mind...I found the web site in about 30 seconds. Looks like a pretty decent piece.

Larry

13. Steve W

Thank you all for your reply, appreciated.

Since you all ordered the fancy one, now the question rises.

How many of you have personally examined the laser engravings on the sample guns at the Int'l Sporting Arms show & SHOT show, or at the SCI show?

I had the gun in my hand at both shows, a good 30 minutes each time, I'm not so sure about the laser engravings when look at it at arm's length. Tony would not let me have the gun without the standard engravings, or he'll charge me extra $1,000 to leave it blank.

This makes me wonder if I should just get the standard one with minimum engravings like the SO4, or send it to have it hand engraved like the SO6 (after I shot it and really liked it).

I realize we are not talking about a King's ransom, but I'd appreciate your further comments regarding the laser engravings. Best regards.

14. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Steve W, who engraved your SO6? Can the SO be engraved without annealing and rehardening? I have a late SO2 light pigeon gun that I have considered having engraved.

15. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

I saw the 12 ga. guns at the Vintage Cup in Sept. and decided I did not need one! Then I saw the small frame 20ga/ with extra 28ga barrels at Beinfield, SHOT and Safari and fell off the cliff. I bought a standard small frame with 32" 20ga. barrels and 30" 28ga. barrels. Standard 2x wood for me. It's an amazing gun @ this price point and will probably kill the sideplated EELL Beretta guns. The laser game scenes looked OK but I preferred the subdued SO-3 look.

Steve W thanked this.
  16. autogun

autogun Member

My engraving choice was the least of my issues. That probably means engraving doesn't turn my crank so consider my comments accordingly. I debated more about barrel length and wood. I have not seen the gun live in either version. From the advertising copy, I liked the plain version less than the deluxe; I like dogs; I try to buy American and I wanted an original so I ruled out after market engraving. Just could not pass up an American sidelock for that money. Last, I'm not a rose and scroll fan. Enjoy.

17. Steve W

Thank you gentlemen for your comments.

eightbore, SO6 is hand engraved, no need for after market engravings. Perhaps I made my question a little confusing, I meant: If after I shot the A10 and liked it, maybe I'll have it hand engraved to look like a SO6.

18. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

i just dont understand why he made it look so much like the SO, i mean whats up with that, the lock-up could have been different and i would have respected it more, HIS GALAZAN guns are nice but that price puts you close to FABBRI, this seems like a good deal but your not getting a SO. just an opinion..

Steve W thanked this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.