1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of you broke out the grills this weekend?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by short shucker, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Well, the cold clutch of winter subsided this week and allowed a little taste of spring. After I got done doing my yardwork, and managed to work a little shooting in, I got the grill out and invited a few friends over to help celebrate the coming of spring.

Those brats never tasted so good!

ss

2. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Not only did I break it out, I totally rebuilt my permanent one with new grates, burner, lava rock etc and fired her up this afternoon! It worked beautifully again! Tom Rhoads

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I just turned it on .

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

SS, There's never a need to put mine away!!! Last time we saw snow this far south was the winter of 77. We had flurries for about 10 minutes or so, but did not stick to anything. What kind of Brats do you cook up??? We have a German deli down here that sells some of the best ones I've ever cooked up. Glad to hear some of you up there are starting to warm up abit. Break-em all. Jeff

5. k810329

k810329 Member

I love to grill so we use ours year round.I was out in the snow not long ago cooking burgers.Wife and kids think im nuts but they sure do love to eat whatever I grill.

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

This apartment I'm in, since work moved me to Indiana, won't let us have a grill. I sure do miss grilling out on the back deck at home in Pa. On the plus side, I did break out the P-gun and smoked some clays at St. Joe Valley Con. Club today. Tom, in the kitchen, cooked up a mean stripsteak for lunch.

Rich in Indiana (missing my grill in PA)

PS If your ever in Pa, try one of the Big Meat Shoots at Oxford Gun Club. The meat prizes from Dutch Way grill up great.

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Jeff,

I couldn't tell you because my neighbor makes them up. She uses an old family recipe when she makes them. She also makes great sausages! I'm spolied.

Royce10,

That's about 6 minutes too long for me. Lol.

ss

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Well a few years ago I had the charcoal grill going atleast twice a week during the winter time out in the open with no roof over my head.

I have never went fancy yet and bought a gas grill I did use one one time while visiting a good friend and I think her husband got wind of it later I thought about calling him and saying I don't like your gas grille but thought it was the best to be quite at the time!!

<a href="http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/gdarnell/Animations/smileys/?action=view&current=grillin.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foggy

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Joe, I know what you mean I still have 2 feet of snow on my grill. Bulge. (Pittsburgh)

10. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

We cleaned ours out and grilled some ribs and a few chicken breasts on Friday. Sure is nice to see the weather changing. We are below normal on temps and all that means to me is when it gets hot it's gonna be really hot.. :) Dan

11. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

I'm with k810329. I do put mine in the garage in the winter, but we use it all year round - just wheel it out. If it's below 20 degrees though it takes too long to warm up, but above that we use it.

LMS

12. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I went fishing instead. We caught 90 crappie that averaged over a pound each(that was fishing Friday and Saturday). I had never grilled them before but we're going to try it tomorrow after work. Jackie B.

13. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I grill all year round. Last month's 36" of snow only caused me a few minutes of shoveling to dig the ol'girl out. I grill at least once a week, 365.

Kip

14. Gun Dog

Gun Dog TS Member

I was Going to today then found out there was no propane. So I says well use the Ole Weber . Nope no charcoal either. Small town, can't get either one on Sunday.
    Back to the oven I went with my head hangin low!

Then I read about all youz grillin now Im real sad.

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I've been grilling all winter, due to a kitchen remodel. But yes, did use the grill today to brown a potroast before it went into the slow cooker.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have grilled year round for over 30 years, can't give it up once you get used to it because you get spoiled ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I cooked up a ham for the grandbaby's first birthday. It was great.

[​IMG]

Rick in Mt.

18. maka

maka Member

Had to shovel about 18" of snow and a couple of pails hot water. Was able to get the Weber out of corner of patio. Couple of Ribeye's and T-Bones. Sure were great with a couple of Liennie's Firebrew.

19. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Sunny an 60 in North Idaho yesterday,no grill but shot in a T-shirt,forecasting snow for today though guess spring is over for a while.Jerry

20. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

We shot at melba Idaho in 60 + degree weather. It was a beautiful day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.