1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how many listen to music at the line

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by anthony, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony TS Member

seen a kid friday night listening to his i pod at the line and he was hitem good... i might try it sometime..

2. badminton

badminton Member

I listen to waves crashing on the beach.

3. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

I have been listening to music for many years now. It keeps me from thinking inbetween shots. Seems to work fairly well.

Ken Cerney

Wisconsin

4. letts

letts TS Member

More $ wasted on noise as far as im concerned.

Letts

5. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

I'll listen to something before I get to the line when I shoot competitively, but never on the line itself. I would imagine that that doesn't give you any ear protection though.
    -Trappy

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

They make ear plugs for your ipod ear pieces to fit in. Bill jr. and Jim C. both listen to them while shooting. Bill Sr.

7. Gatguy

Gatguy TS Member

I tried it for awhile but had to be nudged alot because I couldn't hear the guy before me call his bird. Earphones under muffs shuts out the world.
    Dick C.

8. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Bill, do you happen to know where to find these?
    -Trappy

9. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I will get the info for you. The are custom molded to your ears. The guy we got them from was at the Mich State Shoot. Bill

10. cls

cls Member

I do, love it. cls

11. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I tried it for the first time Saturday using the ear buds that go inside the ear. About the same amount of sound supression as my regular plugs. My first impression was positive, seemed to calm the self evaluation, thinking, between shots. I'm trying to figure out what kind of music to listen to, had a little of everything but my first impression is what works for me is kick a** rock and roll, Rolling Stones, ZZ Top, something with a lot of beat. gyrine

12. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

I used to until almost every time i put the gun up my ear phone wire was getting caught against the stock and when i pulled the trigger the headphone popped off.

13. Drusso

Drusso Member

always listen to music on my iphone. Black Sabbath seems to make me break them better

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Sometimes hard to hear scorekeeper. Terry Jordan had some recommendations that worked for me. Kind of like massage music. I got mine from Texas Plugs.

15. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

For me it is not about intertainment, it's about shooting a better score. gyrine

16. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

tuscarora 99 try running the wires up from your back not in front of you.

17. anthony

anthony TS Member

how can u hear the score keeper when he says CHANGE? i think it would be hard for me because i dont keep track on how many shoys where taken(i put 25 shells loose in my pocket)

18. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Hey EE it isn't about entertainment at all. I use music to block out the loud shooters (and other distractions) that walk up behind me while I am trying to concentrate on shooting.

So it isn't sad at all but it is sad that some shooters are pretty rude behind the line.

FRedmon

19. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I don't listen to music. It interfers with the voices.

20. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Hi Bill. I am the guy who made the custom plugs that all you guys love. They are custom molded to your ears with an adapter that sits on the outside of the plug to hold your speakers. I take a set of impressions, send them to a medical lab to have the finished product manufactured. The finished product is made out of surgical silcone. The will last for a life time. I have a noise suppressor installed in them to insure you will not get HARMFULL noice into your ears. YOU DO NOT just want to replace your hearing protection with just music speakers. You will loose your hearing over time. Send me a PM on this site if you want more information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.