1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many K-80 purchasers have been disappointed ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

How many Krieghoff K-80 purchasers have been disappointed and wished they had bought something else ?

Realize that sometimes financial conditions change and someone has to trade-in their expensive gun on a less expensive gun.

But barring that sort of thing...

How many have been truly disappointed in their K-80 purchase ?

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The bbl cap exaggerates my crossfire on a regular K80. It seems that it blurs the lower portion of my vision and my non bbl eye takes over. Always made the releases goofy. My first one got me out of shooting (hence MIA) and the second reaffirmed the original problem. It may be different for all others, but that was disappointing. I was going to try yet one more this year and bought releases and stocks for one. Wood and triggers are two keys to getting a gun to shoot correctly for you. I have those for sale if anyone wants a set of Allems and a nice wood set. PM me

Jack

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Jack--You have at least one of everything and i think everything you have is for sale. :)LOL

Matt

4. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Bought a K-80 Trap Special a couple of years ago and I'm not happy with it. The triggers have given me a lot of trouble and it has a lot of recoil in my opinion. Wish I would have bought something else!

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

My problems with my K80 mirror kgun_shooters. After spending almost 900 dollars on Ottsville's trigger work in a 5 month period trying to keep them working I ending up sending the gun to Ernest Marlette in NC who fixed it right but by then I wanted it GONE and Traded it off on a Ljutic. I'll probably never buy another K80.

--- Chip King ---

6. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

I was initially because I thought it had more recoil, but now that I am shooting it well I find that I really like it.

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

What's a trigger issue? I've personally owned aroung 10 of 'em, my wife shoots one, and #1 son also shoots one. Never had any trigger issues with any of 'em!!

8. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

HAD THREE, LUVED EM ALL!!! EARLY SER. NUM THOUGH

9. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

oleolliedawg,

The first time it happened the trigger actually started to get tighter until the trigger pull was about 8 #'s, then it broke. I sent it back to Krieghoff and they fixed it. About 2 months later the trigger started to pull through, if I touched it it would just go off. It still does that now and then, there is a hell of a lot of creep in it also. I talked to Krieghoff and they said to send it back. That's all good but it's crap having to keep sending it back paying the shipping and insurance on it. I really noticed that my scores have suffered since switching to this gun. I'm frustrated with the gun completely. But if I trade, I'll just take a beating and it's hard to sell anything right now. So I guess I'm stuck with it for a while! Unless there is somebody else that can actually fix the dam thing.

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I think that there will be some people for whom any particular gun won't be comfortable. And like all things mechanical, some will experience problems.

The comments about the Trap Special's recoil being high surprise me. I did a gun review on one of the first ones sold, a 34/32 Super Scroll grade unsingle combo, and thought it might have been the softest-shooting trap gun I ever shot, even with that horrible Pachmayr "tractor-tread" pad that irritates the skin on my shoulder when shooting in a t-shirt and pokes me in the chest with its pronounced toe. That just demonstrates how important gun fit is to shooting comfort.

averaged_2008_0303202.jpg

Although I no longer do, I owned nine Krieghoffs over the years and really can't complain about any of them.

And K-gun shooter, I'm sure Allem's Guncraft can get your K-80 working great for you.

Ed

11. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

I've Shot K80's w/ pull triggers for last 20 years- 0 problems!

Another K80 grinder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. dshot

dshot Member

Have three, trap, skeet and sporting clays, no problem with any gun. A friend has one and he has trouble with trigger but it's him not the gun,I can shoot it all day without any problems. He want release the trigger soon enough after he pulls it, hangs on to it.

13. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

The German olympic trap team switched over to Perazzi shotguns for a reason. Go to the Perazzi homepage and click on news, countries from all over the world are using and winning with them. I think they found out it's easier to change a trigger assembly out then to send it to Ottsville for a tune up.

14. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

The only problem I've had with my old K-80 is going full auto about every 500 rounds.....could be me!!

15. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Sarge,

Keep your comments to yourself! Not interested in them! I know how to handle a firearm safely! I can tell you that my gun does not pose any safety issue because my finger is not on the trigger until I'm tracking the target.

16. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Blaser= Best triggers and barrels on a factory gun "period"

17. chourico

chourico TS Member

At my club alot of guys stopped buying K guns because evrytime you send them out for any type of repair yuo better have a min of a $1000 chek to send.great guns but expensive to own (like a jaguar).For the money you spend on a basic K $15000 the wood that come on them is silly!I have a pump that has better looking wood than some K i have seen.To get a really nice one you got to spend $20,000 plus thats crazy!!!!My opinion very over priced.

18. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

More BS. Unless a complete re-build is necessary most repairs are done under warranty or with a minimal service charge at KI. Most shooters won't live long enough to need a re-build.

And of course, let's discuss a Perazzi warranty or the total lack of any. Then tell us how Giacomo rebuilds those Perazzi's almost for nuttin'!!

19. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

Really I only paid 6K for mine and I think it has nice wood. As for factory service I was there yesterday and for $80 they installed a new top latch, fitted two sets of barrels, cleaned and lubed my gun and barrels and installed two fiber optic sights. NTM they gave me a bottle of gun pro and lube for free. And they gave my gun a full once over and said it was in excellent conditon. Not sure what more you would want from a company. Mine was a 98 and I still get great service.

trapcrazy_2010_1303101.jpg

20. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Jack--You have at least one of everything and i think everything you have is for sale. :)LOL

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.