1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

How Many In Favor Of This

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

Rewrite the ATA Rulebook as it was in the 1970s, same shells, same speed, same 44 degree angle targets @ 52 Yards. Target speed to be 44mph measured off with a Radar Gun from the rear of the roof of the trap house.

Target height shall be set at 9 1/2 feet to 10 1/2 feet @ 10 yds from Point B.

1200fps and shot no larger than 7 1/2s. 1 1/8th oz.

500 targets of each discipline for permament card.

Not enough targets for permanent card at a major shoot, no option playing, but shoot your assigned yardage.

Do away with ATA Point system, do away w/ having to shoot in 3 different states to be an All American, Your win at the Grand American in Handicap, Singles and Doubles combined average on those 400 targets puts you on the All American Team.

5 Top Men

5 Top Women

5 Top Sub Juniors

5 Top Juniors

5 Top Veterans

5 Top Senior Veterans

5 Top Chair Shooters

5 Top Servicemen serving in the US Military

That's Eight Teams

Grand American Qualification

Must have shot 500 targets in the current target year to play options, not suffecient targets he/she not be elgible for Trophies, monies, or added money.
    Anyone reaching 70 years of age target requirements are waived.

The same as above applies to 16 yard, less than 500 16yd targets not elgible for Trophies, or play any options.

All American Team Requirements are reduced to:

1500 Singles

1500 Handicap

1,000 Doubles

Targets must have been shot in the current and previous target year.

All American shooters must have competed in their State and Zone shoots to be elgible for All American Team.

The Winner in each discipline recieves a GOLD RING.

I want to add an Add"l trophy run concurrently in each Discipline of 16s, Hdcp, and Doubles, The State State Champions are in a shoot-off at the Grand American Clay Target Championship, Grand American Handicap, Grand American Doubles Championship. If there are ties, Long Run From Scratch decides the winner.

This Trophy is called the GRANDEST TROPHY and winner recieves $1,000 dollars
    from the ATA.

The highest Sub-Junior, Junior with highest score on the combined total of the 400 Singles, Handicap, Doubles, Championship Events Recieves a Life Membership.

Any shooter charging for or recieving any re-numeration for teaching Classes in Trapshooting not elgible for Trophies, Added Money, or playing any options
    except for the Wolf Purse.

Establish a $100.00 Wolf Purse in all events for Shooters teaching, or recieveing re-numeration for instruction, Wolf Purse is open for all shooters
    to compete, a High School Student entering and winning will recieve a like Dollar Amount Scholarship for his course of study so it will not affect his student participation high school events.

These are just a few Ideas I thought would be appropiate for a YES or NO vote.

Please PM me for your add'l Ideas.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
    Establishment of a $100 entry for Wolf Purse Open for all that wish to play.
    Paying 3 places 50/30/20 ties divide, no hi-gun, on Grand American Handicap.
  2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

3. shamlin

shamlin Member

So you two that said "Nope" would not have shot the game of trap 30 years ago?? Did you really even READ IT, or just dismiss it because it came from Longshot? Let me guess, your newbies to the game?
  4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Yeah, you newbies shoul be ashamed!

ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
  5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Why would you go anywhere else for entertainment??

It's the Bi-Monthly installment of "The Sport of Trap Dr.Longsh*t's Way"
  6. BigM-Perazzi

SHAMELIN , to answer YOUR questions.

NOPE

Yep

Nope

Guessed wrong.

And, I thought Mein Kampf was the rambling of a nut case also...
  7. running bear

running bear Member

Dr. Longsh?t
    why don't you start your own association and then you can do what you want. 100 people on here are not going to change anything.

Buck
  8. TD1958

TD1958 TS Member

LOL. This commonly practiced "changing of the ATA" and bickering about the rules is exactly why I shoot nothing but barn yard annies,protections so i don't have to hear the bitching. Wake the f--- up the ata doesn't care how you or anybody for that matter wants the registered shoot games run unless you are from that big dog status. If you don't like how it's rules are , get out of the game!!! Plane as that!! Thanks, Tim
  9. shamlin

shamlin Member

BigM,
    Couldn't handle the targets 30 years ago, huh. Bet you advocate everyone getting a trophy on your kids baseball team, because thats definantly the ATA we have today! By the way, its not rambling.....it's offering solutions to a broken system. Whats your plan? Wait, you don't have one, you just like to sit back and criticize the efforts of others......why this damned country is so f'd up!
  10. JGS

JGS Member

Nope! And I started registering targets in 1957. JGS
  11. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

There should be a point where people earning monies, dividends etc off their clinics should be considered "professional". I know that many don't see the harm or the point.
  12. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

No thanks.....

Registering targets since 1964....

FRedmon
  13. BigM-Perazzi

No ramblin' Shamblin man. I was shooting PPC and Camp Perry. I thought Vandalia was where they grew onions.

But I do apologize. I misread LS post not realizing he was only asking for responses from admirers like yourself.
  14. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

ATA is broken?????
  15. shamlin

shamlin Member

Big M, No I don't support everything that Gary says, but at least he is thinking about ways to improve the ATA. If you would have shot in the 70-80's you would know what I mean. This sport is nothing of its former self! It just irks me when people criticize for the sake of criticizing, with no actual agenda under than to ridicule for "the fun of it" What is your point when doing this? Inquiring minds want to know. Garys point is to improve the broken ATA, and for that I at least respect him. He may be a bit wacky in some of his ideas, but at least he offers them, rather than being a sheep following the herd.
  16. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

also bear in mind back in the 70's and 80's there were industry reps. and industry class shooters, when all that went away things became less defined and more intense.
  17. perga1

perga1 TS Member

Yes to the 1970 rule book. That isn't changing the ATA it is restoring it to a better era in ATA history. JRM
  18. Garry

Garry Member

Galatians 5:15: But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

Matthew 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I would like to encourage those who use profanity on this website to stop and that includes replacing the actual letters is words and names with X's or some other derogatory replacement.

Thank you.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Trapshooters.com Discussion Forum Rules

"Additionally, by registering for this site, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-explicit, hateful, threatening, or otherwise in bad taste in an open public forum."
  19. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

The SINGLE thing that LongShorts could do that would (possibly) do more to make his case has been suggested several times, by me, among others: organize and throw a 'Proof of Concept' shoot.

It's that simple. All else is beating his gums ... 'everybody should do what *EYE* want them to do: make major modifications that the historical data suggests COST rounds and targets - but *EYE* know *EYE* am right, because ... well ... because ...'

Have a 1970s match so wildly successful - giving away Merkel Shotguns, Rolex watches, cars and super-soakers ... pay 16 places in each option.

The ability to influence is in LongShort's hands ... all he has to do is PROVE he is right, by SHOWING, instead of whining, moaning, 'singing' his one note.

Proof of Concept? simple, no?

Bob
  20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.