1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many have the CG Challenger Trap Combo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

How many of you gotten the Caesar Guerini Challenger Combo? Like or Dis-like

I was really impressed with it's deep engraving, It really looks great.

POI on the un-single was the highest shooting CG I have ever owned and did not need to modify it to shoot higher, made 120%+ right out of the box.

The stock I feel is not high enough for the high rib, I believe they are using the same stock for both models of ribs.

The Double releases are fantastic.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Gary,
    While I don't have the combo, I do have the Challenger O/U and it is by far the best trap gun I have owned (this includes more brownings than I can count, two ljutics, and the be all end all K80 combo, yes I sold my K80 and bought a CG). I shoot mine at about 70-30. With the POI jacked all the way up it easily shoots +110% atleast that's what it looks like on paper. I love my CG, soft shooting, fits great, looks great. The only thing I don't like is the oil finished stock. Mine has exceptional wood and I think I am sending it to my buddy to strip and high gloss it. Should look fantastic when he is done! Long live CG.
    [​IMG]

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

No Challenger but a Summit Trap Combo 34" unsingle and a 32" O/U

4. dudleyone

dudleyone TS Member

Challenger Impact combo 34/30 with double releases. Wonderful gun and triggers. Easily the highest POI out of the box I have ever shot.

5. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

Gary: CG uses the same stock dimensions for all Impacts while the Trap guns utilize a higher stock to accommodate the higher rib. Trap gun has more drop at monte carlo. Combs are interchangeable. Doug

6. Dr.Longshot

Doug I did not find that to be true, an older Magnus had a lot higher stock than my new Challenger, I feel they are using the same stock for both style ribs.

That Magnus was 1/2 " inch higher I was thinking of buying it, but I like the deep scroll engraving on the Challenger.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

That's what I'm saying - your older Magnus was the Trap model - deeper stock. The Impacts, regardless of model, have the lower rib and have lower stocks. DGG

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

The trap gun are not the same as the Impact guns. The Impact are lower stock to match the rib.

9. Dr.Longshot

I have the Challenger Trap Combo not the Impact.

CG did not have an answer while I was at Cardinal Center. I asked them why?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.