1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many happy ware you live

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bird_buster, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bird_buster

bird_buster TS Member

Greetings from good ole Wisconsin. I travel all over the country for work and have seen every area several times. When I finished college I was all set to move someplace new. I started my current job and fairly quickly realized that where I live is a pretty special place. We still have people to deal with, but the density is nothing like the coasts, and neither is the cost of houses and such. I never have to sit stuck in traffic and don't have to pay a ridiculous price for a place to live. There are some nice diverse areas of the state and we have much to offer for the outdoor enthusiast in all seasons. If you really want to escape for a few days, the Upper Peninisula of Michigan is truely an amazing place, where you can wander for days without seeing much anyone other than yourself.
    When you get that itch, for some activity you can't do in the Dairy State, then you take some of that money you are saving by living there and you go whereever it is you want to go! Perefect scenario in my mind.

Cheers,
    SMK

2. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Is happy ware anything like tupper ware? Just curious B R G II

3. Harty

Harty TS Member

I live in Knoxville, TN and I must say I really like it alot... Little Big town basically. I came from Tampa to Atlanta and now to Knoxville and have been here 10 years. The weather is neither to hot or to cold for to long. There is a lot to do... mountains, lakes & rivers all over the place and the hunting is not to bad either... Easy access to most areas due to I-75 & I40 coming through town....

People are very fiendly, not to over crowded but enough people to have everything in the way of Hospitals, shopping, restaurants & the like.....

The only draw back is all the Orange.... (Univ of Tenn) :)

There is also ORSA (Oak Ridge Sportsman Assoc) that has trap & skeet... and everything else shooting related except for sporting clays.... Nice range close by....

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I have to have 2 things to be happy where I live. Good public bird hunting opportunities and God fearing conservative people to be around. That eliminates about two thirds of the country but leaves about a third where I could be quite content.

5. capvan

capvan Active Member

Vermont is great...mostly. Looking at the 6 inches of white stuff outside and thinking, just thinking, about cranking up the 'ol snowblower. Or maybe reloading another case. Wonder which will win...

Bruce

6. DoRaMa

DoRaMa Member

4170 N. Gun Powder Circle, Hastings NE 68901
    I liked it till Sunday Windchill -21

Kevin

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I have lived in the same house for 40 years , not far from where I was born and have been in 3 other locations within 10 miles -- Central NJ . I have had 2 semi wilds , many bird dogs , Duck and goose hunted the whole state , fished from Canada to Florida . Got into trap shooting 30 years ago and have been in the same club for 25 years that is 4 miles from my house . Been President for the last 20 years . What more can one ask for .

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I would like to move to Phuket Thailand, beautiful beaches and beautiful women.

9. bird_buster

bird_buster TS Member

Dr. Longshot,

I strongly reccomend you invest deeply in the latex free profalactic industry before you make the move. You are right about the beauty, but there are many hidden suprises as well!

Cheers,
    SMK

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Born and raised in southern Alberta, Canada. Live on my farm 10 mintues from the city...peaceful and quiet, except when I outside shootin' at somethin'....life is good1

11. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rls=SUNA,SUNA:2006-41,SUNA:en&q=17066+10nw+shoreline%2c+wa

That's the Google map of where I live. We built our starter house in 1959 and I am still here. The real estate sales people think I should move but not yet.

12. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Nashville, Tennessee is hard to beat. I belong to four gun clubs, two with rifle and pistol ranges, within 40 miles of home, cost of living is moderate, no Income Tax (yet), and fair weather. There are at least nine clubs within a 70 mile radius.

Diabetes makes cold weather less than enjoyable, but summers are great. One can do about whatever is desired without ever leaving the state.

Other than traveling for training I cannot get locally, if I never cross the state line again, that is okay with me.

13. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Love living in S. Florida, not for everyone but it's home for me forever.

Eric

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I live in Delaware....the northern most county (we only have 3).

My house is in a semi-custom built subdivision on 1 + acre lots. I'm 4 miles from the gun club and numerous others within a 30 - 60 minute drive. I (and children) hunt on 300 acres (ducks/geese/deer) 6 miles from my driveway.

The state has no sales tax, a very low property & income tax, the Delaware Bay, Atlantic Ocean and the Chesepeake Bay for saltwater fishing. We're 2 hrs. from Washington, D.C. and NYC, one hr. to Philly but still rural.

Anyway, it's a good place to live for numerous reasons.

Curt

15. shadow

shadow Active Member

How could I not be happy here? 350 ft on the shores of Barkley Lake in Western Ky. Nice home and the best neighbors in the world.Fishing is great! Expenses are low.Climate is moderate, and Foghorn is just down the road a ways. I do have to drive for 30 minutes to get to the nearest gun club tho. Damn shame!

16. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I will be your nieghbor one of these days Shadow. Thats where I want to retire to. I am retired since May, hope to be there by next may

17. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Love where we live, North Texas, we own 45 acres, have a 7 acre pond, dove hunt off the back deck, pond is well stocked with catfish, bass, brim, and crappie. Total of 17,000 sq ft of shops all a/c and heated full of every tool or machine conceivable (if I don't have it I will get it) acouple of Altas traps when I decide to shoot trap, or else theres always pop up targets in the pond (turtles) Cabana on the beach, with reefer always fully stocked with my favorite beverage.

It doesn't get any better than this!!!!!

18. coho

coho Member

no, sheridan wyoming has no public land, high cost of living and almost no snow. i'll take eastern oregon any day.

19. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Northeastern Montana, lived here all my 61 years except for the two & a half years I spent in the Army (VietNam 1967-68).

Blizzarded pretty bad here last Saturday.....30* below zero last Monday morning, gets up to 115* in the shade & no shade in the summer. Been tryin' to raise cattle and wheat here all my life with NO rain, hasn't worked so far......maybe next year? Oh well, it's home-----can't think of anyplace I'd rather live...

John C. Saubak

Peerless, Montana

20. curly1946

curly1946 TS Member

No NO No live in Ill. land where govs make lics plates. Hate this state, can,t do a thing without some ones nose stuck in your a--. Gun laws suck, no c carry, no rifle hunting, You almost need a permitt to breathe,taxes higher than hell no place to hunt without pay someone a small forgtune. Time to move been here way to damn long. curly1946

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.