1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How Many deer?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Recexe, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recexe

Recexe TS Member

What is yalls take on how many of deer should be killed by one individual, per year. As many as u can? 5, 10, u get the point....... Just a tid bite for me thanks a lot ..

2. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

You talking about with a gun?

Muzzleloader?

...El Camino?

...need more specifics...

3. Recexe

Recexe TS Member

its just ur opinion, and for my General knowlage

4. Recexe

Recexe TS Member

and it would help if i spelled that right

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I live in Georgia and we are allowed to shoot 10 does and two bucks during the regular season. We can also shoot at Wildlife Management refugees and those deer do not count against our totals. I bow and blackpowder besides regular rifle hunts but I only shot two deer last year for deer jerky and never did shoot a wallhanger. Max would be four a season for me. Jackie B.

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

In Iowa we are allowed one gun and or Bow license for any sex and one antlerless only before Sept. 15. After the 15th we can get as many anterless tags as we want until the quota runs out for that county. We are only allowed to get tags in one of four gun seasons. I prefer first season muzzleloader.

I didn't need a hunting license for the four I got with my vehicles. LOL

Bill

7. piddie

piddie TS Member

Is this thread related to the Vic Dog kill?

8. shadow

shadow Active Member

It is either Ala. or Miss. that allows one a day for the entire season. Well over 100 per year.

9. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

We have 3,000 doe tags in my county in Iowa. Plenty to go around for us

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Alabama has their "Sportsman's Choice" (?!) which last time I was down there, was one a day of either for the entire season, which in Geneva County was 45+ days (?!)

Jay Spitz

11. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I've got a great solution. About ten years ago people back east decided that wolves should be restored to central Idaho and the Yellowstone area, so they trapped a few in Canada and released them here. They are still on the endangered species list even though they exceeded recovery goals by a lot, and they are running out of elk to eat. They have been seen as far as Colorado, Utah, and Oregon already. Let's trap a bunch and release them in Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania et al. Hell, let's put some in Rock Creek Park and Central Park. After all, they will eat deer and used to be native to the east too.

12. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

In Va you have bow season, black powder season and reg rifle season. In all you can buy bonus tags. If you hunt all you can you can get 15 to 20 deer. If you have enough land you can get into whats called game management pro. You can get doe tags all you want but you are only allowed to shot bucks that are 8 points or bigger.

13. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Alabama allows 2 deer per day the entire season. Until this year a hunter was allowed one buck per day as one of the two. This year a hunter is only allowed three bucks for the season, but two deer per day otherwise.

Jim C

14. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

South Carolina has the most liberal season on earth! Season opens August 15th through Jan. 1st (lower half of the State). No limit on bucks. The county I have land in has 16 does days, limit is 2 does per day, so you can take 32 does in a season. You do not check anything in. If that is not enough, you can buy doe stamps and shoot all you want from Sept 15th until Jan 1st!! And there are still way too many! William

15. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

It wont be long and there will be as many deer roaming the neighborhood here as there are Canada geese.

16. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Here in Pennsylvania, I suppose the number of hunters keeps the per-hunter allowances lower. A regular hunting license allows you one antlered deer with a minimum point count. Anterless tags went on sale earlier this month with Wildlife Management Units (one to four counties, depending upon population) having 3,000 to 40,000 available. The total number of anterless licenses available statewide is 486,000.

Then last Monday, the first round of drawings for unsold doe tags went on sale with another scheduled for mid-September. It boils down that a hunter can harvest up to four deer. Archery and muzzleloader permits can be purchased but they only allow you to harvest those four deer with different devices (I hate calling sporting arms 'weapons') and in more seasons.

Ed

17. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

bubbaw

I believe Alabama has you beat on the number of deer in a season. The season last more than 55 days with 2 deer per day... that is over 110 deer allowed. This year only 3 can be bucks, but the rest can be doe.

Jim C

18. romie

romie Active Member

No one has ever impressed me with how many deer they killed.In Mississippi I think you can take six or eight and plenty of people do.I could shoot one almost every time I went if I was into that.I like venison but pefer black angus .Mississippi has been getting more trophy management areas.
    I would like them to have a one buck limit unless it's a 150 class or better gross.. then you would get a bonus.
    Monty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.