1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How many Belt Buckles have you won?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Cherokee Kid, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Belt buckles seem to be a popular trophy, however, you can only wear one at a time so they just accumulate. So, how many have you won and of those, how many do you ever wear? Do you display them or keep them in a drawer or you safe?

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

5...and the HOA buckle is my favorite.

3. southpark

southpark TS Member

Two. One was a gold coin HOA-Handicap buckle and I think it was stolen at the California state shoot a few years ago (no, not right off my waist you wise guys!).

4. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Only one,,,,and I wear it when ever I go shooting,,,,,espicaly at a new club,,,its only an singles open class D,,,but it was my first NY State shoot

5. dward

dward Member

None :<(.........they didn't start giving them away for winning our Clubs handicap championship until the Club President and a "special needs" (aka LWL) shooter won. These two also affectionately refer to themselves as "us champions". If a good guy like Tom Sletta hadn't won the first one in '04, I would have been convinced that it was a remake of "the conspiracy theory"!!!

Sad Dan

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I count ten - seven in a display case sitting next to the computer, and three on a shelf just below the case.

7. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

8 but I wish they made of lead right now.

8. trap-pr

trap-pr Member

I have won 2 belt buckles; wear one and other is on display.

My husband has won 1 belt buckle which he wears.

9. oletymer

oletymer Member

Thirten, back in the 70's. Most clubs give the regular trophise now.

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

None - I have determined it is less expensive to buy them than to invest in the guns, ammo, lessons, practice, travel, and match fees to win one.

Still, I have ignored this common sense and continue to shoot trap.

Maybe one day the finger of God will anoint my head and I will be successful. For it is only by Divine Intervention that I will win such a prize.

Don

11. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

I have won three all from The Las Vegas Gun Club. I rotate wearing them.

CHEERS

12. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

14 but the one I really like the best I only wear on very special occasions, as it has a 20 dollar gold piece in it donated by Eclipse targets back in the early 70's for high over all. FD

13. skb trapshooter

skb trapshooter TS Member

Only one buckle in my trophy case.....it's only a singles open class D....but it was my first and only one I have won. (Ohio State.)

14. browning_rules

browning_rules TS Member

possibly over 35!!

15. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

10. Most important to me was for the 200 at Zone shoot. Allen

16. Toddy

Toddy Member

NOT TO BRAG......

16 to date,,P.I.T.A. BUCKLES,,,and the 1 I wear all the time is the NOT&S LABORDAY CLASSIC in Vernon BC 2004 HOA buckle as big as a pie plate...the rest are on 2 belts that I punched a hole in every 6" to hold each buckle and hangs on the wall.

The buckle I won at the 2005 Hawaii State shoot in Hilo, for B Doubles Champion is another favorite, and a challenge to ALL, I am confirmed to be at the 2008 Hawaii, P.I.T.A. State Championships at the Big Island Trap Club in Hilo along with 8 other shooter's from Vancouver Island and would love to "meet and beat" EVERY ONE OF YOU...

Thanks for looking....

Reg. T., East Sooke BC

17. old tex

old tex TS Member

The best display I have seen is Terry Brogdon's.

He has all his Sterling ATA and Texas State Buckles
    displayed on wide leather straps he had a saddle maker make.

He has two of the straps about 4 ft. long with the silver buckles about an inch apart that hang from one end, very impressive!

Never counted them but there are a bunch, he has many others in display cases.

Pretty good for a pot bellied, bald headed old fart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unc

18. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Just 1...and that was a waste 'cause I don't wear belts with buckles.

Mike

19. MX3K32

MX3K32 TS Member

I have some. The one I wear the most is my "North American Handicap Championship" with the $20 Gold pc. from Las Vegas. I relive the moment every time I see it in corner of the office..with subdued indirect lighting, and the soft music in the background.("We are the Champions")

At the club someone usually ask me, "who did you have shooting for you that day McGee, I've seen you shoot and I know that wasn't you!" I think it was Ol Tex that said that, and as time passes.....he may be right.

Golden moments frozen in time, and great friends. We are all blessed in this great sport of ours. Shoot with passion.....David McGee

20. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

About ten or 12. I wear some and some just sit in a draw. The one I am most proud of was the 2004 California State event Runner Up AA [224 straight]. I can't see it -- my stomach gets in the way. But I know its there or my pants would fall down. Fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.