1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How Many Bee Keepers Here?????????????????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have had bee's for about 25 years. My first hive was given to me by a friend who no longer could take care of it. I now have 2 hives. The first pic if a hive I have right now. The second pic are old hives when I had cattle near them. Thats why the electric fence.
    auctioneer_2009_050760.jpg

auctioneer_2009_050761.jpg

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Your question from May

3. TjayE

TjayE Member

Auctioneer, are all those boxes (7) full of honey? In first picture. When do you take the honey from the hive? Tom

4. Auctioneer

There was only one year that I had a great year of honey. I got 9 gal that year from one hive. All other years I either got 2 to 3 gal or nothing at all because of the dry summers. This year I got 0.

The hive that I don't have a pic of got knocked over by a wind storm. I was able to put it back together. The hive that is shown was hit by lightning this past summer so I didn't get a thing out of it. Both look like they are doing well but we will see this coming summer.

I try to get the honey out either late June or early July.

5. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

I had 52 hives at one time but as I grew older it was too much work and I sold them to another Bee keeper. I had three banded Italian bees which was my favorite. They was good workers and made a lot of honey. Looks like your bees are about ready to swarm.

6. TjayE

TjayE Member

Auctioneer, I see you are from Virginia. Do you shoot at the Winchester gun club? They have a shoot this coming Sunday - Oct 2

7. Auctioneer

Yes I do when I can. I will how ever have to skip the last shoot (Oct 2).

8. TjayE

TjayE Member

Auctioneer, sorry you can not make the Oct 2 shoot at Winchester. I wanted to meet you at this shoot. Tom

9. TjayE

TjayE Member

Auctioneer, sorry you can not make the Oct 2 shoot at Winchester. I wanted to meet you at this shoot. Tom

10. Auctioneer

It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't already know each other. Hope to be there next year. I'm always there for the Va State Shoot rain or shine.

What other clubs do you shoot?

11. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Someone come get the bees from my yard in the catalpa tree!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.