1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How mant Targets needed to shoot state.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gasman03, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gasman03

gasman03 Member

This trap thing is new to myself and my 13yr old son. My question is how many targets does he need to shoot at the Nebraska state shoot? If he does not have enough targets can he still shoot?

Corey

2. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

i do not know the target requirement for nebraska but yes, he can still shoot even if he has shot zero targets. any shooter not meeting the required target threshold shoots penalty classification, typically A or B class. the target minimums vary, some shoots are 500 some are 1,000 so it does take some time to get your rounds. usually the target requirement is stipulated in the program. look up the state shoot website, the info might be there. i hope this helped in part.

3. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Corey,

Are you from NE?? I would suggest looking on their website? www.shootnta.com and see if they are listed there or their shoot program may be on there now??? Just my thoughts.

I am sure there would be contact information there for the delegate or other official that can tell you either way.

You can shoot no matter how many targets you have.......even 0 like stated above, but you will shoot penalty yards in the handicap event. That will be the only change.

Hope this helps you.

Lorna Hull

4. Dale Z

Dale Z TS Member

Just picked up the program today... Any shooter who has not shot the following number of registered targets in 2006 and/or 2007 prior to June 20,2007 will be classified and handicapped as shown.

Male junior

1000 16 yard Class B or higher

1000 Handicap 24 yds or more

500 Doubles Class B or higher

Sub Jr.

700 16 yard Class B or higher

700 Handicap 22 yds or more

300 Doubles Class B or higher

Sub Junior up to age 15

Hope to see you there
    Dale

5. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

So Gasman, you can see from Dale Z post the number of targets required to not be penalized at the Nebraska shoot. Your son can enter that shoot with zero targets, but he will be penalized as shown above. At a state shoot like Nebraska, they shoot in the high 90s in class C so getting bumped up to class B won't matter much to a new shooter. Sub junior and Junior both shot 198s last year. So unless blessed by extraordinary skills, a new shooter will be non-competitive at that shoot no matter what class or category you are in.

6. gasman03

gasman03 Member

I am from Nebraska Lorna. Like I said this is new to us so I am still trying to find the right info I am looking for in the ATA book. So correct me if I am wrong here. According to Dale Z if he doesn't have 700 targets he will be shooting class B in Sub Junior? If he does get in 700 buy then he will be shooting the class of his ability? Now when I said this trap deal is all new I must say we did shoot last year just not in registered part. We shot at a small club a few miles away. As a very pround Dad I must say 198's are going to be a high mountain to climb but I do believe my son could do it with a little luck and all the right things in place. He is in the seventh grade and really no bigger than a fart and he shot a 93 at the High school shoot last week. I though that was dam good given the condition. I do understand what you are saying about a new shooter but I do also believe every dog has his day.

Thanks for the info everyone. Corey

7. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Gasman, according to the info from Dale Z, your son needs 700 singles targets prior to 20 June 2007 to be penalty free at the 16 yard line or he will be placed in Class B. His Category is Sub Junior and that will not change. Category shooters get extra chances of winning something. If you don't win your class (B) perhaps you will win your category. If your son were a daughter, there would be a third chance (Class B, Sub Junior, and Lady).

good shooting, enjoy the time together

8. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Corey, I got the state shoot program in the mail today. Stop by and you can take a look at it. Steve

9. Dale Z

Dale Z TS Member

I would say if he shoots 93 (with last weeks conditions) he will tear most of us OLD FARTS up. I would think there are enough shoots in the area the next few weeks to be able to get his 700 targets in. Go to www.shootnta.com to find a listing of clubs and shoot dates. There are 11 shoots scheduled in eastern NE before the state shoot.

The info is from the Nebraska State Shoot Program. It is up to the club to determine penalty yardage and classification for the shoot. I don't believe you will find it in the ATA rule book.

Dale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how many registered targets needed for ohio state trap shoot