1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How long until my handicap is reset?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by XTFreak, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

I did not renew my ATA membership this year since I don't plan on shooting anything in the near future. I was on the 23 yd line and registered 300 targets last year.

Whenever I decide to renew my ATA (which could be a while..if at all), do I start over again on the 20? How long do you need to stay away before your ATA history becomes irrelevant?

Thanks.

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

If your main consern is your handicap yardage the last post is right ( it never goes away by itself ) although you will get a review after shooting 1000 handicap targets and if the review finds that you are not shooting up to par at that yardage you will then get a reduction, and you can then take the reduction IF you did not gain anymore yardage during that period.

3. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

My concern is after taking a few years off, will I come back on the 23?

It doesn't seem right considering I will be rusty. I am not going to shoot thousands of targets just to donate to the ATA All American prize fund.

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

FlaLagarto's right, XTFreak. The ATA hasn't a clue what you've been doing while not registering. Surely you can see there will always be some sneaker who will simply spend a few years getting coached and practicing, even winning club shoots, Elks shoots, honing his skills without registering then come sliding back into the game expecting to begin at the 20 yard line again. That possibility must be dealt with as it is - you will return to where you were and even that may not be far enough back for my example but it's the rule....breakemall....Bob Dodd

5. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I still don't understand WHY anyone would want to go backwards. You have earned the yardage, it is more of a badge of honor than a punishment.

I just don't get how some folks thought process works.

You will still be on the 23. Be happy, live long, and shoot more.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.