1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How long shall seller wait for buyer?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by OUSHOOT12, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OUSHOOT12

OUSHOOT12 TS Member

I have bought several items from this forum and much more on EBAY.
    An instant reply to wanting the object, setting up payment and sending the payment should be done within 3 days. Along with an Email indicating payment was sent.
    You are not in the wrong friend, keep selling online. Mike

2. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I first would have also got his phone number as I always talk to whom I am selling to or buying from on this site.

But in your case I would have sent him another email as some times it takes up to 10 days to cross the states. I would also ask for his phone number so he could be talked to and talk about alternative ways of paying. Billpay at his bank is also a good way to pay.

I would have called him and if necessary have him do a direct deposit to my bank account.Ray.......

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've had a buyer's check take 3 weeks to get from NM to OR and there was a second check promptly FedExed to me by the fellow. When I finally got the original, I tore his signature off, marked it "Void," and sent the check back as proof that I didn't deposit both. But, the point is it can take some time for the USPS to deliver checks. I'd say your moves were resonable but talking to one another by phone is mandatory in my few dealings...breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Sometimes the mail service is a little slow.

I live in Iowa, and one time it took 11 days to get a letter from Wisconsin. I knew the guy had sent it.

Don't know how or why it took so long, but it really came by snail mail.

Hauxfan!

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I got a small book 6 months after I had ordered it. PO said they had just found it behind a table. Ray

6. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

There IS Express Mail. I would think 10 days is my LIMIT!

7. Born_to_Shoot!

Born_to_Shoot! TS Member

PayPal is instant pay.

If both have acess to the same bank it is possible to simply do a direct deposit:

Just go to a local bank and ask the Manager to call the seller and get his account number, then deposit to his account without you seeing his account number.

This worked for me with US Bank where I do not have an account.

I have seperate accounts for my clients to deposit their rent.

One banks sends me a deposit slip with the renters name. The other bank does not so we use a code like a few cents extra to ID the payer.

Overnight letters are not that expensive. And tracking is available.

Most expensive-- $15 for a bank wire transfer.

Snail Mail is erratic as reported by others.

I doubt if I will
    ever4 buy another gun by interstate FFL unless some one has a Browning Broadway Trap gun at a realistic price. Because the new guns are getting more interesting.

-----------------------------------

A scary experience.

A seller offered me a gun from a request on this site.

The seller wanted me to drive half-way to his state, and conclude the purchase in person to save shipping-ridiculous-gas would have cost more? AND Completely against the law i.e. Interstate gun sale without using an FFL agent.

I reported it here last year and he responded that he did not want anything to do with me anymore.

No spell check so please forgive errors.

Regards,

Lorenzo27

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I agree about wire transfers.

They are quick and painless. Head to your bank and for $15, the money gets there same day.

Problem with PayPal is the 4% they keep to do the transaction... and the seller is stuck with the deduction, unless, of course, the buyer is willing to stand the fee.

IMHO.

WW

9. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I buy something and I will let the seller know when I mailed the check. I will email him when I mail it and when the item gets here. I will wait a week for a check to get to me because I'm on the east coast and they might be on the west coast. You did the right thing and I would not worry about it. If the buyer can not get a check in the mail the next day thats his problem. If he has to wait till he gets paid then he should say so and let you know whats going on. If he does not then he is in the wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.