1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how long is the action spring tube on 1100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

anyone know how long a action spring tube is on the reminton 1100? I have a cut down stock I would like to refinish and surprise the shooter. I do not have a 1100 on hand to check it. If the stock is cut to short I do not want to wast my time.

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

some one must know this, come on. Nobody out there has a 1100 with the stock removed. If possible I would like to get this done before the weekend to surprise the young shooter.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

if no one has responded by tmrw afternoon, post back or drop me an email, and i'll take the stock off my dads 1100 and measure it for you

kolarskeet@gmail.com

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

that will be great. I would think some of the stock makers and 1100 nuts would know this. I have a feeling the stock may be cut to short to begin with, BUT I would like to know for sure. He is shooting a 20g 870 exspress youth right now. He does have a 1100 that he can use but needs a shorter stock.

5. gkinla

gkinla Member

I just happened to have a 1100 apart on the bench. The spring tube is 11 1/8 inch, from the receiver to the end of the tube, without the nut.

Gary

6. turmite

turmite Member

Hi Dave,

If maclellan1911 doesn't need or want the stock, I would like to have it. I am currently some of most all type semi's and pumps that have been cut down so I can modify them for the youth of our local teams.

Mike

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

<center>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    </center> heres the stock, should just fit. I hope to take a 1/2 inch out of the front at reciever also. We are trying to hook up as many kids as we can, for those not able to just go out a buy a gun for rheir kids. We been finding field grade 1100/1187 at some good prices then hooking them up with the rest. Glasses,vest,stocks,chokes ect ect.

8. turmite

turmite Member

maclellan, my apologies to you. I didn't know you were doing this for the kids and that is my reason for posting that I would like to have the stock in case you didn't want or need it.

If the one you have been working on is too short, I can fix it for you, and will do so at no charge.

We are anticipating about 70 shooters in the organization here, with 35 or so of them being in jr high school, even down to the 6th grade. Many of those are going to need stocks modified. I do not currently have a duplicator or I would make a run of a 100 of these or so.

Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to hyjack!

Mike

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Mike PM sent

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

miss read your post.....tired tonight. Thought you had a duplicator!! My bad. Yeah know If someone could make a shorter length shorter grip out of some very plain wood for less than 100.00 it would be great. I have the wenig ladies/youth stock on my wifes Browning gold @ 140.00 shipped 2 years ago. Thats a nice unit. We are trying to do this on a very short budget.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.