1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How long does it take to switch K80 stocks???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by turbonick, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbonick

turbonick Member

I'm thinking of buying a used k80. I don't have the budget for 1 gun for trap, plus 1 gun for skeet and sporting clays. I'm looking at a K80 sporting and am thinking of buying an unsingle and a trap stock then just switch stocks and barrels depending on the game. What do you think? Does anyone do this or is it not a good idea? How long does it take to change the stock?

Thanks,
    Nick

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

If you're not very good with tools, it may take as long as 30 seconds to change K80 stocks. I shot trap and skeet that way for years, changing the stocks and barrels for each game.

It would be simplest to buy a K80 trap combo with an adjustable comb (or have one installed). Set the double barrel and comb for SC, and then adjust the unsingle barrel to shoot the trap POI you want. You can use the SC setup for trap doubles for now.

3. tj303

tj303 Member

I have shot the same k-80 30" o/u for all games (trap, skeet, clays and 5 stand). I never found the need to change stocks or comb, just chokes. Get an adjustable comb and set the gun up to shoot where you look. Then leave the stock/comb alone and start shooting everything! Tony J

4. turbonick

turbonick Member

Tony that's what I was thinking. One stock for everything. I was thinking that I would just change the barrel and chokes. Some guys at the gun club were telling me I needed a different stock for trap though. Just like different clubs for different shots in golf

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

30 seconds max

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Tom and Tony are right. Set the flat rib up for S/C, Skeet, Bunker, and ATA dubs, then set the unsingle up for your singles and caps. This has worked for me with a high grade K-80. I have had fantastic success with the same stock setup, having only changed barrels and/or chokes. I truly have the ULTIMATE combo. I can shoot ANY discipline with two barrels, a 30" Briley Ultimate tubed flat taper rib and a 34" Unsingle. A handfull of trusted Ballistic Specialties' choke tubes makes this gun ready for any shooting chore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.