1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How long does America have?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Luckyman, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

How Long Does America Have?

About the time our original thirteen states adopted their new constitution in 1787, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh, had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years earlier:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government."

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury."

"From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years."

"During those 200 years, those nations always progressed through the following sequence:

1. from bondage to spiritual faith;
    2. from spiritual faith to great courage;
    3. from courage to liberty;
    4. from liberty to abundance;
    5. from abundance to complacency;
    6. from complacency to apathy;
    7. from apathy to dependence;
    8. From dependence back into bondage"

Professor Joseph Olson of Hemline University School of Law, St.
    Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the 2000 Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Gore: 19 Bush: 29
    Square miles of land won by: Gore: 580,000 Bush: 2,427,000
    Population of counties won by: Gore: 127 million Bush: 143 million
    Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Gore: 13.2 Bush: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of this great country. Gore's territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal's and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

2. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Good post I have read the frist part previously, as for the second part if this is true then the urbanization of the United States will eventually be its downfall. This is due to those living in the CITY will dictate how those in the rural areas (the farmers) live. Oh wait a minute no farmers no eating....

Ronbo

3. grammie

grammie TS Member

Luckyman:

I could give you the awnser you seek,,,,,but the lesson would be long and boring.....

5 years????? Well,,,this is certain,,,,Illegals will be granted amnesty and citizenship,,,This countrys government hasen't bothered to enforce our laws or our borders,,,,,So seeing the outcome is simply connecting dots....

How long will America last???? It will last as long as "one person" still beleives in the constitution!!!! It will last as long as American men still have the ability to stand on their feet,,and say---Enough!!!

The american people have had the wool pulled over their collective eyes for many years now!!!!

You have been goaded into supporting a war against not only the wrong people,,,,,,,but for the wrong reason!!!!! This is a war for PROFIT!!!! It cannot be won,,,because the reason to win has been twisted into one of "occupation" and "business interests" worldwide!!!!!

It was "so easy" to see thru Goerge Bush,,,I cannot believe the man was so transparent!!!

Next will come a new and higher level of the cost of living,,,,Taxes will become un-bearable and leave very little in the way of "disposable income" for and ever-increasing number of americans,,,,,In the end,,,the NWO will leave you nothing but a chance to survive in a "corporate world",,,Its there right now,,,for ALL to see!!!! Just open your eyes America,,,you can see your destiny laid out right in front of you!!!!

The Kyoto Treaty which will be signed into law by a democrat will destroy what is left of American Business,,,as it will impossible to remain competitive with low cost 3rd world countries,,,and still be held liable to GLOBAL WARMING!!!!

Can't you see the "global warming/kyoto treaty" being touted by the media and politicions in ever increasing numbers???? We as people CANNOT do one-thing to stop what is a natural and re-acurring event (global warming),,,but this country will be "frightened" into it!!!

In the end story,,,,,when you see us import more and more food,,,,when taxes begin to threaten more and more homeowners,,,when we accept nation health-care,,,when we accept national I.D.s complete with your credit history,,bank information and health history all on one little chip,,,and when the government starts seeing the 2nd amendment as a "terrorists assistant" then beware,,,,,The page of history will again be turned,,,,just as was when the Skull&Bones turned it a few short years ago!!! "they call themselves democrat or republican,,,but they are neither".......

You have seen your country turn its back to Americans living on the Border,,,,You have seen your country turn its back and run from armed illegals running dope/humans!!! You have seen your own leader refuse to secure the border,,,,and then call patriotic americans----"vigilanites"!!!! You have seen armed excursions by the Mexican Military into this country!!! You have stood by and watched as another countrys "battle flag" was flown right in your face!!!! You watched as your own country was invaded by more than 12 million people!!!! And now you will watch as your government grants citizenship to those that forced you too!!!

And when the time comes,,,Americans will stand by and watch as they become subjects...........

AKA Grammie............

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I fear Grammie's as right as ever. I've for many years asked just which "most powerful society" will replace our time and pretty much assume we will join the several societies that have been the most powerful only to fold for the next. I too fear we are on a fast track to implode not unlike Greece, Rome, and several European states. What I fear most right now is that the world seems likely to move further and further to becoming a Muslim one and you can rightly assume there will, then, be little or no freedoms we think are so sacred. It's just mind boggling to me that so much related to governing people, making societies, creating power in the world is religion oriented and just hope that my time will end before it all takes place. In the meanwhile, I'll focus on 7 1/2s vs 8s, trying to get better at the games even though I age exponentially it seems, and remain from the too silent majority....breakemall....Bob Dodd

5. grammie

grammie TS Member

No chuckles,,,it won't be that way!!! There will be NO shots fired!!

There will be no colors flown,,,no drummer,,,no piper,,,no lines of armed men,,,when it dies,,,it will be to cheers!!! The country has been divided by race,,creed,,by earnings,,by age,,by sex,,by religion,,,by abortion,,by gay marriage,,by Iraq,,by Iran,,Black vote,,,Jewish vote,,Hispaic vote,,Puerto Rican vote,,Cuban vote,,,,,But the "american vote" has been replaced by the others!!! We simply have been 'divided',,,and the differant groups can never agree on anything!!! We have people that vote because of cheap medication,,,it dosen't matter what else that candidate stands for!!!! An armed uprising would be played off as "white militant skinheads",,,"white sepratists",,"white supremist",,,and would be dealt with in a most harsh manner!!!! You see----americans have already "stood-by" and watched as everything they hold dear was trampled,,,,I think the spirt that made this country great has been "legislated" out of american men.....

An armed uprising in this country would be stamped out!!! Like swatting a fly,,and with no more trouble than that fly would give you,,,,A green bottle-fly might take a whack or two,,,but you get what I mean....There "is" a way to pull it off,,,,but i'm afraid the sacrifice required would far too much for the american people to accept,,and endure,,at a time when we have become "soft"!!!

An armed uprising in this country WOULD BE "minutia",,,,I was talking about the "end result",,,,the armed uprising would be nothing more than "amusing" in a historical sense!!!

AKA Grammie...........

6. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

For once Grammie has said something I agree with. Good post you salty old dog. :)

IMHO we have 7-10 years left IF we're lucky. I am starting to really get depressed about our country's future. Bush sold us out to the theiving mexicans, Johnny POS Sutton is jailing border patrol agents, and our marines are being sent to prison for doing what they have been trained for.

The Bush administration has paved the way for the leftist demonrats to walk in and FUBAR America.

7. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

i might take the liberty to surmise. This country will have far more time than most of us might possibly have to enjoy it. A few minor glitches, but time is on the side of this great Country.--Jim

8. C H S

C H S TS Member

I've never read so much self-depracating, defeatist, psychotically paranoid, asocial, alarmist BULLSHIT in one place in my whole life!!

Andy

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The end will come as soon as guns are banned on a massive basis, social engineering bancrupts the middle class, "thought crimes" are punishable by prison time, and gasoline is taxed to the point where no one can afford to drive and the price of goods escalates so much that we are plunged into a depression that will make the 1930's look like utopia.

10. C H S

C H S TS Member

wireguy, you want facts, here are some facts...

this drivel is just a collection of suppositions, conjectures and gross and unfounded over-generalizations and your "facts" are based on hearsay and the distorted sensationalizing news media. You know only what you've seen in you own narrow little world and what you choose to believe about the rest of us out of what the "for profit" media chooses to tell you.

Don't even BEGIN to believe that you speak for me or that you have a CLUE about what I value and what I don't or what I know or don't know. Don't flatter yourself by thinking that your pathetic, jaded point of view in any way represents what people that you've never met want or feel about their country. And for everyone's sake, stop portraying yourself as someone who could wake up the nation if other people just listened to YOU. Who the hell are you and why are you to be listened to? It makes you sound like just another delusion fool!

Andy

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Guys, guys, guys... come on now! Play nice!

(1) as mentioned very early - we are a "republic" not a true democracy
    (2) as opposed to most, if not all, we are an "armed" republic as the others did not vest arms in the citizenry.
    (3) we are a very young country that has had world responsibilities thrust upon it and we have yet to mature.

I think it is realistic to believe that when the "worldly dust" settles in another 100-200 years, the concept of "countrys" will be replaced by country land masses with free passage. Look at how individual economies have intertwined dramatically in the past couple decades to become a world economy, highly dependent on the needs of other contries.

As the world matures, immigration/emmigration will be replaced by world relocation. Underdeveloped nations will be naturally developed to take economic advantage.

Best of all, we won't have to deal with it!
    Have a good day!

Jay

12. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Wow. Rather than pi$$ and moan, I think what we really need to do is band together, get behind some candidate that actually stands for something (like Duncan Hunter) and get him elected. We, the gun-toting people of middle America in "fly-over" country, need to do this and over-ride the city folk who haven't a clue. We can do this, but we must do it together. Mean while, let's keep shooting.....

trapgeek

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Apparently, none of you have read the the famous "Turner" book. Someone did in Oaklahoma. And he was only one man out of 300 million. That was a wake up call.

14. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

This thread has no validity until we hear from RECOIL RED, TGUn90 and Highpockets. They have all the answers.

15. grammie

grammie TS Member

zarathrusta:

She said that because of the "effective" almost "sniperish" advantage a crossbow gave compared to tactics and weaponry of her time!!!

Please don't forget that Lady Catherine was rumored to enjoy sexual encounters with her stallion war horses!!!! So anything she has said,,or been quoted as saying,,you should always start the sentance with AARRGHHHH!!!!!

One upon a time,,a great society literally burned,,while its leader fiddled!!! All who knew Rome,,,knew that it would last forever,,,After all----WHO!!! Who could stand on the field of battle and hope to match the might of Rome's Legions????? Who else could project their armies so far afield and maintain the supply line at the same time???? And then came a time when "atheletes" took the bother of thinking about ones one government and what it can do to you,,,and traded wisdom for sport!!!! They could enjoy the sights and sounds of the "games" for 150 days of the year!!! Death on a grand scale,,for the amusment of the masses,,,,and then there came a time when the armies of Rome were so stretched out around the then known world,,,that the "illegals" that poured in,,, POURED IN and far outnumbered the citizens of Rome!!!! The might of Rome was brought down by greed,,,Greed for more!!! Brought down by its own success,,brought down from within!!!!

I ask you-------can you not draw the comparison of todays events to those that took place so long ago????

AKA Grammie..........

16. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Well, I think that we are living on borrowed time right now.

17. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

Speaking of ''borrowed '' wounder how long China will keep buying our T bonds so we can fund this war.Ain;t that a bitch were up to our ass;s in hock to a Commy country.Thanks a bundle to Georgy the boy.

18. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

I sure the hell hope we are not a democracy! The best way to get rid of any opposition by only 1 vote. Although a democrat likes the way it sounds.

We do have democratic elections. No relation to the democrats.

Rock

Jim

19. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I have horses, and I would think that the above accusations of the Lady would be quite impossible. It would be like trying to fit a Lincoln Log in a Tinker Toy peg hole, if you know what I mean.

20. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The 2012 prediction is a remarkable coincidence. Bible Code analysts have found a refernce to a comet or an asteroid of some sort strikin the planet in........2012!!

OOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOEEEEEEOOOOOO......

History channel just had a bit about dealing with foreign space objects, possible diversion of trajectory, etc.

5 years to find out.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.