1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How long can you go without shooting?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Assyla99, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Assyla99

Assyla99 TS Member

I was just curious how long you will willingly go without shooting. I love shooting and don't know what I would do without it, but I am at college and in my second year and there is no where for me to keep my guys up here. So last year I didn't shoot for about 7 months and while I had other things to keep me occupied at school, it still killed me to go that long without it. This year is looking like the same situation, I haven't shot since October and probably won't shoot again until April, March if I'm lucky. So just curious...

~Alyssa

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

More than a couple of weeks and I start getting the jitters. I then make up for it by shooting Friday night through Sunday evening. Trap games, Sporting and Skeet. Since I don't drink or hang out in bars, it leaves me plenty of time to shoot on the weekends!

ec90t

3. Assyla99

Assyla99 TS Member

Believe me, I thought about it, but I LOVE my school and people would probably kill me if I transferred. I'm already 2 years in here, so it would be almost pointless for me to transfer and have to spend more time and more money on school.

~Alyssa

4. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Alyssa,

If you can find a place to shoot somewhere around the school, the police might hold the gun for you. I've been thinking about doing that up here at Penn State...

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Alyssa, I too had a time in my life where I had to forgo shooting because of the time and money commitments of college. I laid off 5 or 6 YEARS. It took me a while once I started back to get the timing right. Do what you have to do and get out, get a good job and shen shoot to your heart's (bank account, LOL)content. Good luck and study well. Sincerely.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I was very sick back in 2003 (missed 5 months of work). The main thing that took my mind off of my illness was planning a hunting trip to Hudson Bay for snow geese and all of the shooting I would need to do to get ready for the trip. Did plenty of clay shooting to get ready and went on the hunt. But missed out shooting for about eight months while sick.

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Way back in the good old college days I was too broke for shooting much more than a couple of boxes of .22LR on the week end. Fast forward 30 years and I'm a true nitro junkie that has to shoot at least flat of shotshell each week. It seems to be a progressive disease, sounds like you got hooked too early. Just remember that you need to focus on getting that degree so you can support that life time addiction.

8. boss 200

boss 200 TS Member

~Alyssa, I am the same way as you. I'm at a school that doesn't have a trap team. I found that if you know some one that lives in their own place, ask them to keep your gun. But dont take it to the police. They don't take care of them, and if you have a trap gun thats like saying you dont want it to get messed up. Right? So there you go. Try that. :}

9. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Maybe TrapTutor would help?

With the cold Winter here I lay off shooting for a couple of months. Warm days help break it up, but I never stop shouldering my gun and visualizing.

10. canada

canada Member

in manitoba you shoot from about may until the last day of the grand. then dont shoot a shot at a trap target for 8 months. sure makes you want to shoot come may though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.