1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How long before Boehner and co. cave?????

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by over the hill, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Listening to all this Hoopla about the debt ceiling, spending, no new taxes, Blah, Blah, Blah, I for one believe the Rep., sometimes called conservatives, will cave when it comes down to the wire.

You know the old saying.....We got the best deal we could for the good of the country.

In other words the Dems. win.

I'd almost bet a case of shells, whats your opinion???

Regards....Gerald

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I'd agree with you, they are a bunch of spineless putzes, what really torques my a$$ is how that if it isn't done by Aug 2 they will cut off SSA and disabled vets pay, but hell yes the useless POS's will still get their paycheck

They are morally bankrupt

3. over/under

over/under Member

No deal is better than a bad deal.

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

O/U I agree, but I bet we end up with a bad deal

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

A Bad Deal coming? Geez...when's the last Good Deal that came from DC??

I'll wager a Bad Deal by the spinless creeps.

Curt

6. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

When have Republicans done anything but cave in? I can't remember them doing anything else. They cave because they are just Democrats in drag.

This time, I hope the Repubs prove me wrong- please, please, please prove me wrong.

7. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

When I hear the the USA never defaulted on a debt they are flat telling a lie. Believe it or not we defaulted in 1979 and no body hardly new it. Also the sky is not going to fall if we default.
    The IMF are trying to encourage the US to raise the debt limit. Hell yes. If we borrow more money then we can bail out Greece, Italy, and Spain on americans backs.
    Do what I did call Bohiners office. I got a real person on the phone. I let it be known about my midwest feelings on the debt. They were put there to work for us. Not for themselves and be damn sure with the computer age and information passed around now days they and Obamma will be out on their ass in the cold. Give them a call. Speak out like you do here. Wild Bill

8. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

If you do not believe the economy will collapse if the US defaults there is nothing I can write that will convince you - all economists have told the same story to both sides - default = financial disaster.

Now to a couple of points - The fat cats have succeeded in getting regular people to rant about keeping the holes in the tax code that only the fat cats can use. The fat cats are very happy with all the support they are getting from people they would not give the time of day to. Why does the Republican leadership and tea party leadership support the fat cats over regular full fare taxpayers?

the oil companies have turned the screws on regular people ever since 1973. We pay record prices for fuel and they post record profits. Why do regualar people want to support oil company tax breaks? What have they ever done for you?

Why would any full fare taxpayer be against the "death tax"? won't impact any living people. will not impact the "estate" of most of us. The fat cats really love it when sean and rush get regular people worked up over something that will never affect them but will keep the fat cats fat.

9. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

All of these players are millionaires. Which way do you think it's 'gonna go? The deck is stacked and the American citizens are going to get the shitty end of this stick.

Jon Reitz

10. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Boehner will start sobbing due to his being a total inept fool. We got ourselves into this due to"W". This inept fool, (Obama), was elected because of this worthless dufus, (Bush), from Texas. ( Who I voted for twice).!!! If this piece of trash, (Obama), wins re-election, we are doomed!! What bothers me is looking at the GOP candidates. The only candidate I could support is not running. Chris Christie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We haven't had a president since Ronald Reagan and he had to deal with a Democrat controlled congress. (Unlike that worthless Bush)!! Also, if you're a Bush supporter; remember his choice for the supreme court?? ( Harriet Myers )!! It's no wonder this country is in the shape it's in.

11. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

Gary, you hit the nail on the head about tax breaks. When they want to keep 7 billion for corporate jet tax credits and 40 billion for oil company tax incentives what in the hell is that about. You can call me a conservative but please don't think I am an idiot and tell me no tax increases.. I say no tax increases, no tax incentives except for small business, and eliminate all loop holes. All but the minimum wage earners pay something.
    We are between the rock and a hard place and I couldn't name you one person up there that I trust. That my friends is a terrible thing to say in the greatest nation on earth.

12. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

Gary, you hit the nail on the head about tax breaks. When they want to keep 7 billion for corporate jet tax credits and 40 billion for oil company tax incentives what in the hell is that about. You can call me a conservative but please don't think I am an idiot and tell me no tax increases.. I say no tax increases, no tax incentives except for small business, and eliminate all loop holes. All but the minimum wage earners pay something.
    We are between the rock and a hard place and I couldn't name you one person up there that I trust. That my friends is a terrible thing to say in the greatest nation on earth.

13. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

14. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Wild Bill nailed it and made an effort to convey his feelings to the powers that be. Let's all follow his lead and start making noise, tell your politicians how you feel instead of ranting and regurgitating the same rhetoric on a forum I'm sure elected officials never read.

Robert

15. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Robert: I have contacted my 2 U.S. Senators 5 times in the past 18 months. I have contacted my U.S Representative 5 times in the last 18 months. The issues raised involved illegal immigration, budget concerns, Obamacare, etc. I received 2 replies from 1 senator. (A form letter that said a lot about nothing) The other senator did not bother to send any type of reply. The representative answered me all 5 times. The content of the answer was a large amount of drivel that did not answer my questions. Bottom line: These inept freaks in congress could care less what you think. You never hear anything meaningful until they are up for re-election. They then lie and do what they want once they are re-elected. This oountry is in big trouble! Contacting your congressman is a complete laugh..

16. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Boehner may cave and come back to the House with a deal BUT he will not get the House to vote for it. Enough new House members will stay strong. They are not yet members of the establishment. Most still have their ideals and integrity although those are 2 things that vanish quickly in DC.

Finale - No deal. No extension. No end-of-the-world! Bush and his Sec. of the Treasury, Paulson did that to us once. Never again!

17. Gary Waalkes

If our country defaults, our credit rating will get hit and this will raise the interest rate on the debt causing even more debt without spending a nickle.

If our country defaults, my investments will be trashed and my retirement plans will be down the toilet.

If our country defaults, my pension will be trashed but the folks who caused my pain won't be affected. Congress people will not take a pension hit.

If our country defaults, Republicans will be blamed for the pain inflicted and won't be elected to dog catcher. the newly elected Dems will then pass anti-gun legislation and install liberal judges and beauracrats and our gun rights and shooting fun will get trashed as well.

listening to idiots like rush, sean (and now joined by Ms. Bachman) is going to be very expensive and painful.

18. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

There is an excellent chance that the country will NOT default if remedial steps are taken NOW. If not, the country will definitely default in the not-to-distant future. We simply cannot produce enough tax revenue regardless of the tax rate on the rich AND the middle class to retire the debt - EVER!

Take your choice; a bitter pill now or a national funeral in the near future. There simply is no third alternative.

19. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I think they should just do away with the whole silly debt ceiling thing...

Just keep spending, feel the rush.

20. Gary Waalkes

Bird dogs - exactly what do you call a bitter pill?

Last year - congress (including Ms Bachman) approved a spending budget. They knew then that they were allocating money in excess of the debt ceiling. But they voted for it and the spending for the year started. Now we have found religion and although the money has already been allocated and spent, we are going to control spending and will not allow the debt ceiling to increase. Does not make any sense to me. Congress voted for the spending last year but now congress is going to take back the votes.

While I agree that spending must be reigned in, I also believe tax reform is in order. half of the population pays no federal income tax. Of the other half, the rich people are in the same tax bracket I am in. Why are they getting such a break? Why do half of the citizens pay nothing at all??

The tea party idiots (like Bachman) spout the bs of cutting spending. Of course, they are no better than the Prez and have not put out a plan that shows exactly what programs are going to get axed and how deep those cuts will have to be - they are simply jumping around saying the gov spends too much money and we need to stop it.

Claiming to have a simple solution to a complex problem is just a big fat lie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.